Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pedders has more experience on the ZETA platform than all other companies combined. We alread have a complete line of bushings, sway bars, springs, and dampers for the Camaro. WE ARE READY!!! GM Racing contracted with us to help them build their GM racing Camaro that will be built by Riley Technologies.

We will also have the best, technological adjustable coil over ever for the Camaro. It will be a 30 way Mono Tube coil over, with multiple coils available, and the heigh will be adjustable, and will not affect the spring rates. The pricing will be killer.

We will be looking for Camaros accross the USA to do our EXTREME kits on. So keep this in mind,

Here is a link for the new coil overs:
http://www.peddersusa.com/products/6

mike
dms

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I told myself that I wouldn't mod the suspension of the new Camaro because of it's world class handling right out of the box, but man you guys are making it difficult to resist!

·
8,984 Posts
And I said I would stop posting directly behind you everytime you post, but I cannot help myself.

It must be the shiny wheels.

Pedder's is going to be a household name VERY soon.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I had a ride in the Supercharged & "Pedderized" Pontiac G8 in Indianapolis.

Lemme tell ya, the tuning on that car is A+ Perfect!
First off, with the blower it still sounds almost stock, and seems to drive almost stock (but faster).
And the ride is very near stock, only it handles phenomenally!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I told myself that I wouldn't mod the suspension of the new Camaro because of it's world class handling right out of the box, but man you guys are making it difficult to resist!
If you ever drive a Track II G8, you are absolutely screwed!!. Your definition of world class suspension will have a totally different meaning.!!

Not that I am tempting you.......................LOL

mike
dms

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a ride in the Supercharged & "Pedderized" Pontiac G8 in Indianapolis.

Lemme tell ya, the tuning on that car is A+ Perfect!
First off, with the blower it still sounds almost stock, and seems to drive almost stock (but faster).
And the ride is very near stock, only it handles phenomenally!!
Without a doubt, Pete's old G8 was the best handling G8 in the world. But not any more! There is another G8 that will seriously out handle Pete's old G8!.

Now the best handling G8 in the USA is not Pete's G8 with the new XtremeXA COILS that we are testing. Pete will continue to test them and test them, and when he takes the family out on a run, he will continue to test them.. In other worlds, Pete plays with his G8 more than anyone in the USA. Mike Haddad in Los Angeles, is probably very close. Mike's G8 is not the 2nd best handling G8 in the world!

mike
dms

·
Registered
646 Posts
Progressive rate coils ? I wouldn't know how to tune a 30 way shock lol. sounds like great stuff.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pedders has more experience on the ZETA platform than all other companies combined. We alread have a complete line of bushings, sway bars, springs, and dampers for the Camaro. WE ARE READY!!! GM Racing contracted with us to help them build their GM racing Camaro that will be built by Riley Technologies.
mike
dms
Does this mean the New Camaro will still have the Self-collapsing upper strut mount, or the Leaky radius arm bushings (like the GTO)???
Will the rear suspension still have no Camber adjustment (like the GTO)???
Does the new rear 4.5 link suspension allow for any tire smoking burnouts (unlike the GTO)???

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does this mean the New Camaro will still have the Self-collapsing upper strut mount, or the Leaky radius arm bushings (like the GTO)???
Will the rear suspension still have no Camber adjustment (like the GTO)???
Does the new rear 4.5 link suspension allow for any tire smoking burnouts (unlike the GTO)???
The new Camaro will have a different front strut mount than the GTO and G8s. The G8 uses the same strut mount as the GTO, and is being damaged in shipment just like the GTO. GM USA knows this is a issue and has not allowed this mount to be used for the Camaro.

All ZETA platforms already have rear camber adjustments.

The front radius rod mount is not like the GTO, but it is still a weak point. They use a fluid designed unit. The Camaro has a larger radius rod bushing than the G8, but we worked with GM Racing and have already developed the bushing ad have it ready. GM racing knows the OEM radius rod bush is not a bushing that is adequate for performance driiving. that is why they asked us for help designing one a long time ago, which we did.

If you have any further questions, just ask

mike
dms

·
Registered
9 Posts
The new Camaro will have a different front strut mount than the GTO and G8s. The G8 uses the same strut mount as the GTO, and is being damaged in shipment just like the GTO. GM USA knows this is a issue and has not allowed this mount to be used for the Camaro.

All ZETA platforms already have rear camber adjustments.

The front radius rod mount is not like the GTO, but it is still a weak point. They use a fluid designed unit. The Camaro has a larger radius rod bushing than the G8, but we worked with GM Racing and have already developed the bushing ad have it ready. GM racing knows the OEM radius rod bush is not a bushing that is adequate for performance driiving. that is why they asked us for help designing one a long time ago, which we did.

If you have any further questions, just ask

mike
dms
First, I really can never thank you enough for the knowledge you've given us GTO owners over the years. Second, everything I've read about you and Dublin has been Positive.

But, here's the question narrowed down for all to see.
WILL GM RELEASE ANOTHER VEHICLE THAT WILL BE IN NEED OF UPGRADES BEFORE 10K MILES JUST TO WEAR THE TIRES NORMAL??? Since the original parts do not withstand "performance driving" (your words), and will lead to tires rubbing, extreme inner tire wear, unwanted camber changes under braking, etc, etc, etc...

They did it before. Why, especially now that they have real world feedback from respected people in the industry (ie. YOU), would they even chance it again???

Not only did "Holden" release a car with "inferior" suspension design and components, the ASSHOLE dealer network and PONTIAC continued to deny that anything was wrong, right up until I gave it back on a "smartbuy". We all know what was inferior and broken (worn out), yet this was left to be my problem as they couldn't "see" the failure.....
Certainly not the way to earn repeated business and "brand loyalty".

Are we also going to need the "Subframes" realigned just to make the tires wear normal??? Will they be "align checked" upon delivery?
Will the differntial housing still hit the floorpan under acceleration (I still can't believe that one, as the chassis was already in production 6 yrs when I purchased mine)???
Will we get rear springs that sag "too much", yet aren't "bad" according to GM???

If any of you haven't figured it out yet, PONTIAC and GM have made it very hard for me to consider another GM car for my driveway.......Funny thing is I am a GM guy, through and through. Anyone curious enough to check, I'm also on Dieselplace under the same username. I have quite the GM fleet.

Bob Lutz, if you are listening, you and GM owe me an apology for the P.O.S. dealer network and chassis design that made my last $35k purchase a nightmare.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First, I really can never thank you enough for the knowledge you've given us GTO owners over the years. Second, everything I've read about you and Dublin has been Positive.

But, here's the question narrowed down for all to see.
WILL GM RELEASE ANOTHER VEHICLE THAT WILL BE IN NEED OF UPGRADES BEFORE 10K MILES JUST TO WEAR THE TIRES NORMAL??? Since the original parts do not withstand "performance driving" (your words), and will lead to tires rubbing, extreme inner tire wear, unwanted camber changes under braking, etc, etc, etc...

They did it before. Why, especially now that they have real world feedback from respected people in the industry (ie. YOU), would they even chance it again???

Not only did "Holden" release a car with "inferior" suspension design and components, the ASSHOLE dealer network and PONTIAC continued to deny that anything was wrong, right up until I gave it back on a "smartbuy". We all know what was inferior and broken (worn out), yet this was left to be my problem as they couldn't "see" the failure.....
Certainly not the way to earn repeated business and "brand loyalty".

Are we also going to need the "Subframes" realigned just to make the tires wear normal??? Will they be "align checked" upon delivery?
Will the differntial housing still hit the floorpan under acceleration (I still can't believe that one, as the chassis was already in production 6 yrs when I purchased mine)???
Will we get rear springs that sag "too much", yet aren't "bad" according to GM???

If any of you haven't figured it out yet, PONTIAC and GM have made it very hard for me to consider another GM car for my driveway.......Funny thing is I am a GM guy, through and through. Anyone curious enough to check, I'm also on Dieselplace under the same username. I have quite the GM fleet.

Bob Lutz, if you are listening, you and GM owe me an apology for the P.O.S. dealer network and chassis design that made my last $35k purchase a nightmare.

The Camaro will not have the same issues like the GTO. The Camaro will not have the same issues as the G8. I do not see the Camaro having to require to do updates like the GTO. But we have, however, no data on the new designed strut bushing that will be on the Camaro. They also will use a very soft radius rod bushing that is not performance intended, but are not near as bad as the OEM GTO, which was off the charts bad.

there are significant enhancements, as GM Racing has found, by using our Pedders bushings. They will be on the Riley Technology built Camaros that will be running in next years Koni series racing. This will be a great race. All the vehicles will be the same. It will boil down to alignment setups and driver skills.

mike
dms

·
Registered
9 Posts
The G8 uses the same strut mount as the GTO, and is being damaged in shipment just like the GTO. GM USA knows this is a issue and has not allowed this mount to be used for the Camaro.

dms
So, after all of your homework, and pedders, too, GM still chose to not upgrade the strut mount on a chassis that's been in production since at least '98. And, this is even though you say they know about it. That's some serious IGNORANCE on their part. And, yes, I've met several G8 owners with alignment/ steering issues, and the dealers are still IGNORANT to this engineered in problem.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, after all of your homework, and pedders, too, GM still chose to not upgrade the strut mount on a chassis that's been in production since at least '98. And, this is even though you say they know about it. That's some serious IGNORANCE on their part. And, yes, I've met several G8 owners with alignment/ steering issues, and the dealers are still IGNORANT to this engineered in problem.
As I was told by someone in Holden, there was a contract arrangement that they have to fulfill. Now on the G8, they put an angle into the strut top mounting plate that is suppose to make the mount more durable. Time will tell. But the good thing here, is GM of North America will not be using it!.

Now for those that are very serious about driving, we will be offering camber plates and pillow ball mounts that will totally remove the rubber mount all together. This will, however, require the usage, I believe, of our eXtreme Xa coil over. The positive part is improved handling. the negative side is the increase in road noise. How much, we are not sure.

mike
dms

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys,

The eXtreme Xa coil overs have been a real hit. Pedders is taking orders for them thru tonight ad pete recently decided to offer them to the Camaro group. The price thru tonight will be $1311+. You cannot order these thru our web store. It will require a 15% deposit to secure them. If you are interested, you must call Deb at Pedders at 248-522-8021

Hope everyone has a great New Years and be safe!

last day to order!!
mike
dms

1 - 18 of 18 Posts