Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not one of them but can anyone explain to me the process? How do you go about doing it? Do you look for a car and see the prices and then get a loan or what? I know you can finance through the dealer or get a loan somewhere else. How does each one work and which one is better? I kind of want to know how it all works, and I have plenty of time lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
The best thing to do is secure your finacing, shop around for the best rate, get the loan THEN go shopping. If your credit is good enough you may be able to get 0% finacing from the dealer, it depends on your credit score. I'm lucky I work for a company that gets GM supplier discounts so I don't have to deal with salesman. I just go see my favorite fleet manager at the local Chevy dealer & pick out a vehicle. My wife & I have been able to go that route for the last 4 vehicles we purchased over the past 12 yrs. Good Luck.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well from personal experience when i was picking my first car, which was new ( mom said she would go half's with me :) ) bring someone who purchased a few new cars and smart with money. not one who buys a car because they have to have it, but a person who buys a car for transportation. and try and find one who isn't addicted to the camaro. being totally fond of a car will wave your judgment. but i recommend buying this book, she is excellent, i bought this book since im a business major and this taught me all the loose odds and ends of buying a house,car, savings and everything one will need in their lifetime. she breaks it down to simple and realistic terms. Suze Orman's The Young, Fabolous & Broke. http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/517YAZ3AG6L._SS500_.jpg

You may cringe at her for a few comments she makes about car but she does realize there are people like us :hello: so i say this book is a must 100% will help anyone, young or older.

·
Registered
742 Posts
p.s this book will also let you know how to find the invoice and any hidden costs in a car. you dont have to barter or w/e, just ask the right questions and know how a dealership makes it's money. Never pay extra for a car and say u can afford it since the payments are only 400$.

but like said above, shop around. the prices will all be based off the same GM price, but some dealerships don't do hidden costs or are willing to take some off. you can easily chop 2-4 grand off the MSRP without loosing the 6 speed option :rotflmao:

·
Registered
572 Posts
i just got done buying my z from tom bannen chevy here in nashville (rivergate)

they wanted 11,900 i got them down to 11,300 then on down to 10,900, so my interest rate on a four year loan was 7.29% so....... u just have to talk with the, people, carry on long converstations ask about the salepersons kids, think thats wat helped me out so much, my sales guy had a teenage girl that was dealing with some problems that i could relate to so.....

OH and the more you put as a down payment, the more the dealer with work with u

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
It's worth the extra time to spend there, what's 30 minutes if it saves you $2,000 ya know?
Start your offer low, all they can do is come down. :)

Now granted, it's easier to bargain on used cars.
On new cars it depends how well the car sells.
A good selling car is difficult to buy under MSRP.

·
Registered
742 Posts
everytime i see your name Sluuug, i think of the movie "Without a paddle." when the 3 guys find those 2 girls in the tree and his nature name is Slug. haha....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts