Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When U get your 5th Gen what will be The first AfterMarket and or Performance Goodies Will you Have Done?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
hmmmmm....good question. I'll probably leave it as-is until the first winter. I could see doing headers if they aren't too much of a pain to install (or too expensive). When spin-tech makes a cat-back system (love those mufflers), I'll get that (w/ high-flow cats). There's a 'vette dyno tuner 20 minutes away, so I'll get a dyno tune. Other than that, I'll wait and see what bolt-on's come out and what works.

After a couple of years I could see getting a little bored with it...so heads/cams sooner or later, maybe different rear gears. It's going to be the best handling car I've ever owned, so I'll probably leave the suspension stock.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Exhaust will definitely be first for me, I probably won't do headers right away, but I'll have my exhaust guy do a cat-back system with Flowmaster mufflers.

Wheels will come second, all of this while I try to decide on which direction I'm going to go for engine (pretty much whether I'm going to eventually go the supercharger route).

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Exhaust (with electric cut-outs), programmer/dyno/tune, speakers, and eventually s/c.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Pedlers already has suspension parts you can buy.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Yea Exhaust Headers Kooks ofcoarse No cats..Michigan Doesnt Emision Test HAHA Gotta Have the Electric Cutouts Lowering,And Bigger Meats Nothing Bigger than 20s But Definatly Widder...And definatly Stiffen up the Chassis Im sure it will need it.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Phase 1) A large AFE filter mounted outside of the engine bay on 3.5"-4" tubing. Headers, high-flow cats, cat-back and a good tune.

Phase 2) Drag radials, 150 shot N20 and a track tune

Phase 3) FAST intake, cam and heads and a new tune.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
-ECM reprogramming (if that doesn't void warranty).
-Skip-shift override.
-Maybe cat-back exhaust, depending on the stock sound.

Can't do much else without being bumped out of stock autocross course. Really, can't do first 2, but ECM is hard to tell, and skip-shift really doesn't affect autocross, because you are never at low revs. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I plan on taking mine to Lingenfelter AFTER the GM warranty expires.

But prior to that, headers and Super 44s. Aftermarket wheels. Interested in seeing whether 21s or even 22s will fit. I'm not usually into huge rims, but something about this bodystyle begs for wheels that fill the wells up.

Those of you who intend on applying the "mild to wild" valves.....where do you plan on doing such a thing? I can't imagine there are many shops that will handle that mod.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I probably won't do much in the way of performance mods until a few people on here have so that I can kinda monitor the results before choosing. You shall all be my guinea pigs. Mwahahahaha! :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just wait until after SEMA in November, there are so many cool accessories other than exhaust that will be revealed there....;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Nice Yea Exhaust Headers Kooks ofcoarse No cats..Michigan Doesnt Emision Test HAHA Gotta Have the Electric Cutouts Lowering,And Bigger Meats Nothing Bigger than 20s But Definatly Widder...And definatly Stiffen up the Chassis Im sure it will need it.
Ok so here comes what I think will be a stupid question, but I've only lowered my '92 C1500 which is a pretty simple basic suspension....What is entailed in lowering something with a pretty sweet sounding suspension like the new SS Camaro?.....and how will it cause any problems with the existing suspension?

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but it is one of the first mods I'd like to do.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Ok so here comes what I think will be a stupid question, but I've only lowered my '92 C1500 which is a pretty simple basic suspension....What is entailed in lowering something with a pretty sweet sounding suspension like the new SS Camaro?.....and how will it cause any problems with the existing suspension?

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but it is one of the first mods I'd like to do.
It might be too early to tell. I couldn't even find anything on the internet about people lowering the G8, but I'm sure Pedder's will ahve some kind of solution.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts