Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexus announced it will display two concept vehicles and six production vehicles at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show. The show will be open to the general public from Oct. 27 to Nov. 11.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Wow, our announcertron is slow. Ive been drooling over the IS-F production prototype for sometime now. The other one is the supra/celica look thing that has been spied track testing all over. The production vehicles are no surprise.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
The IS-F is sweet, and if they could keep it sub-$35k I'd seriously consider it with the Camaro. However, given the prices of the already available IS250 and IS350 and the fact that the IS-F will be a limited-production car, I don't see it for under $40k, sadly.

Jinx, which other Lexus concept are you talking about? The LF-A promises to mean business.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The IS-F is sweet, and if they could keep it sub-$35k I'd seriously consider it with the Camaro. However, given the prices of the already available IS250 and IS350 and the fact that the IS-F will be a limited-production car, I don't see it for under $40k, sadly.

Jinx, which other Lexus concept are you talking about? The LF-A promises to mean business.
The badass LF-A was it. V10 right? If so, badass.

·
645 Posts
The badass LF-A was it. V10 right? If so, badass.
Yes, 500+ hp V10. Yummy.

I predict surreal pricing, though, so I'll dream of a a slightly less unreachable goal (early 'vert 5th-gen Camaro) tonight. :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Well the IS-F is something that gets the blood flowing. A 5.0L DOHC engine dont right. 400hp is nice, but the factory suspension, brakes, and styling is pure sex. I like to see this car trigger a GM to kick it up with a GXP G8 to make it interesting. But if the car is in the 40k range, ill be surprised. Every IS series car ive built on the lexus website lands in the 40k area. Im thinking a 60k car. But then again, its a lexus, with lexus pricing, luxury, quality, and precision. If a GXP G8 was to be released with a Ls3 and upgraded equipment; its still prolly wouldnt be in this IS-F's league (handling and luxy feel).

As for the LF-A, that car prolly be in the 100k range. I do find it unusual that toyota/lexus is playing the game with N/A larger displacement engines. I was expecting V6s with S/C or turbo induction, like most japanese companies are doing. It seems in the last part of this decade that all automakers are trying to get in the big three's ball game.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Hundai is also doing a rwd V8 coupe and sedan.

·
645 Posts
As for the LF-A, that car prolly be in the 100k range. I do find it unusual that toyota/lexus is playing the game with N/A larger displacement engines. I was expecting V6s with S/C or turbo induction, like most japanese companies are doing. It seems in the last part of this decade that all automakers are trying to get in the big three's ball game.
Well, they may just be tired of being branded as a typical Japanese car maker with tiny engines. They haven't had a proper beast since they killed the Supra, and if they manage release an NA beast, think what it will be capable of doing with forced induction...

I read an article a while ago about a company in New Mexico turning Supras into 1052hp cars. It's been a disappointment that Toyota has let so much time pass without having a proper machine with such potential. It's time they get back on track.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well, they may just be tired of being branded as a typical Japanese car maker with tiny engines. They haven't had a proper beast since they killed the Supra, and if they manage release an NA beast, think what it will be capable of doing with forced induction...

I read an article a while ago about a company in New Mexico turning Supras into 1052hp cars. It's been a disappointment that Toyota has let so much time pass without having a proper machine with such potential. It's time they get back on track.
Just my opinion, but if they are not melting them down to become something else then who cares what a Supra can do?

·
645 Posts
Just my opinion, but if they are not melting them down to become something else then who cares what a Supra can do?
I would love a Supra Turbo. The potential for 1052hp is impressive in that car. I'm also talking about structurally stable and sane (chassis, transmission, etc. can handle that much power).

That said, I don't understand your question. :confused:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I tried to say that for me the only good use of a supra is to melt it down and create new parts for thigs I like. I guess it was pretty vague in trying not to say flat out that I hate Toyotas. But 1052hp in anything is going to be a handfull

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I would love a Supra Turbo. The potential for 1052hp is impressive in that car. I'm also talking about structurally stable and sane (chassis, transmission, etc. can handle that much power).

That said, I don't understand your question. :confused:
Word. Between a 2JZ engine, 03/04 Cobra engine, GT-500 engine, RB26 engine, 4G63 engines, and LSx engines; these engine are impressive in their own right. I dont care to much for the sport compact genre; but japanese supercars are a different class altogether and demands respect. Same I believe for lexus/toyota new supercars.

a 2JZ motor to a regular toyota motor is like comparing a LS7 to a N/A ecotec 4 banger motor. No comparison. A 2JZ motor was over engineered (a good thing for the consumer) for 1000+hp, which is something i wish every automaker would try to do.

·
645 Posts
I tried to say that for me the only good use of a supra is to melt it down and create new parts for thigs I like. I guess it was pretty vague in trying not to say flat out that I hate Toyotas. But 1052hp in anything is going to be a handfull
Ah, a matter of taste. Maybe you could avoid being misunderstood by not responding when you have nothing but hate? ;)

@Jinx: Yeah, I'm not too wild about most things Japanese these days, but I would love a 2JZ in my Camry (I kid, it would rip my chassis apart). I wish they would bring it back in an affordable car - it would actually make for interesting power wars with American muscle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts