Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen a real Phase III on the street, but my uncle (1967 Beaumont 327 M-22, 373) had a buddy
who worked at the docks in NYC.
In 1974 this guy happened to be working when a 1974
Phase III Camaro and a 1974 Phase III Vega rumbled
onto the docks both headed for a certain oil producing country.
Before they got put in the container the drivers lined them up and showed the dock lads what a pair of 454's
could do. Vega by a length ... according to my uncles friend.

·
8,984 Posts
Price tag?

·
8,984 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
It would probably cost so much that you would be compelled to jump on up to a Corvette.

Probably not, when I could sell the wife!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I absolutely hate what has come out of Motion's shop in the last few years. I have no idea why they have build those terrible looking pro-street silly looking Camaros. Not to mention the $165k price tag is stupid!!

I hope Motion does come out with packages for the 5th Gen Camaro. Let them be similar to the Roush or Saleen programs for Mustang and I think they will be a hit!!

How about buying a 427 LS7 2010 Motion Camaro??? I would! As long as he doesn't charge $100k for them!! Roush and Saleen have great packages at decent prices....... but seeing as they want the cars to be limited editions I am afraid the prices will be $100k++.

Oh, it doesn't sit right that they want to call the cars "Baldwin Motion" cars:

"Kris Horton, working with Joel Rosen and Larry Jaworske, penned the prototype Baldwin-Motion SuperCoupe design, and he’s been feverishly working on concepts for a limited-production Phase IV version of the next generation Camaro."

I think they would be more accurately be Motion Camaros. Baldwin was the name of the Chevy dealer that Motion worked along side of. So if you bought your Chevy through Baldwin and then had Motion modify the car it was then a "Baldwin Motion".

·
8,984 Posts
I's just semantics, but I think it is great you brought back a 2 yr old thread.

I do it all the time.

:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why are divorces so expensive?
Cuz they are worth it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Funny that this thread is two years old. Amazing how long it has taken GM to get the Camaro to market.

Now... who will be the Roush's and Saleen's of the Camaro world?? I don't think Motion will do anything more than a few expensive cars a year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.