Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today’s photo comes from kykorvette.Be sure to look at all of kykorvette’s photos and our other albums. And if you would like to recommend your favorite photo with a GM car or truck in it, put it up on Flickr and tag it with “gmfyi.”

More...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
The RS gives V6 buyers a SS look. All SS buyers are getting the RS for is the lights (in theory).

Remember, they've made other RS vehicles -- like the Cavalier.

It's an appearance package, afterall.
It doesn't give it a SS look. It gives it lights and darker wheels..the same thing the SS package gets.
It still has a V6 front end and all other V6 appointments.

You just love to start arguments don't you? :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
To 99% of people, it looks identical to the SS. Most people aren't going to notice the mail slot or lower fascia in the front.

I don't like to start arguments (though my fiance would disagree). Rather, I prefer to stimulate conversation while playing devil's advocate.

·
2,774 Posts
WOW..I tihkn some people better reread thier history on what Chevy's wore the SS badge through the years...and where the RS designation came from..then get back on here and reread what you wrote..

Learn the truth and not what your perceived idea of what these badges mean. I think many replying to this will be in for a huge reality slap to what they think..

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
WOW..I tihkn some people better reread thier history on what Chevy's wore the SS badge through the years...and where the RS designation came from..then get back on here and reread what you wrote..

Learn the truth and not what your perceived idea of what these badges mean. I think many replying to this will be in for a huge reality slap to what they think..
Please enlighten us.

My history of RS mostly lies within the third and fourth gens. These were simply available to give the V6 cars a more aggressive look. In the third gens, the weak L03 was available with the RS, but it truly was nothing more than a lower end model with sport looks (albeit, the only base model from 89-92). In the fourth gen, it was only some ground effects (96-97) and some suspension pieces and Z28 take off exhaust (01-02).

This is the same with the other Chevrolet's that wore RS badges.

AFAIK, the first and second gen RS-only cars were dressed up cars that may have had a bit "hotter" engine available, but it was still a drastically weak engine when compared to the SS or Z28 counterparts. Most notable would be the hideaway lights and split bumpers.

·
2,774 Posts
Please enlighten us.

My history of RS mostly lies within the third and fourth gens. These were simply available to give the V6 cars a more aggressive look. In the third gens, the weak L03 was available with the RS, but it truly was nothing more than a lower end model with sport looks (albeit, the only base model from 89-92). In the fourth gen, it was only some ground effects (96-97) and some suspension pieces and Z28 take off exhaust (01-02).

This is the same with the other Chevrolet's that wore RS badges.

AFAIK, the first and second gen RS-only cars were dressed up cars that may have had a bit "hotter" engine available, but it was still a drastically weak engine when compared to the SS or Z28 counterparts. Most notable would be the hideaway lights and split bumpers.

Well like I said im not direting it to one person and Im not going to sit here and tell a history to people. If they want to get educated then google it. It is all out there for everyone to read. I am just basically saying so many people have this idea the the SS means this or RS means that..when in reality GM put those badges on some amazing cars and trucks and some not so amazing cars and trucks. And thats going back to the 60's :D

SS is basically Chevy's "GT" badge..thats all. The RS is a trim package yes. In the 2nd gens with the SS out of the lineup the Rally Sport moved up to what the Z28 was and the Z took over the SS as the top dog.

But I was not really talking about the RS package. An Aveo RS fits..It will be a Rally Sport..
But I was going after what people think is an SS. When in reality its not this god like creation..its just GM's "GT" performance package. And was had in many forms. 2 doors, 4 doors, station wagons, econocars, entry luxury cars, FWD, 4 bangers, V6 ,V8 and so on..

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
There was no SS third-gen either, We had the Iroc (Sorta) and then the Z28replaced the IROC at '90. We didn't have SS until '96.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts