Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll have to excuse the engine compartment. It's a little salty and dirty because of the fun I had in the snow last friday and the flash kind of exagerates it.

At least the BMR strut tower brace is clean. :thumbsup:

I must say it looks a lot better than the one from GM. Looks a heckuva lot more stout too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Yea! Looks great and I have always wanted to install one but don't want to drill out holes and retofit one for a 2010.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You'll have to excuse the engine compartment. It's a little salty and dirty because of the fun I had in the snow last friday and the flash kind of exagerates it.

At least the BMR strut tower brace is clean. :thumbsup:

I must say it looks a lot better than the one from GM. Looks a heckuva lot more stout too.
Are you planning on supercharging the car at some point? I guess you will have to stick with a centri style blower eh??!!

EDIT: BTW, it looks nice!! Any noticeable performance improvements?!

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you planning on supercharging the car at some point? I guess you will have to stick with a centri style blower eh??!!

BTW, it looks nice!! Any noticeable performance improvements?!
No supercharging. Just plan on some airbrushing and cold air intake. She's my daily driver.

There's a big difference in cornering. No noticeable flexing in the front now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
looks great... I like it.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks great... I like it.
It bolts right on if your strut towers are already drilled and tapped from the factory.

It's made of steel too. 1" tubing welded together by what looks like ¼ steel plate. VERY STURDY and surprisingly lightweight too.

Unlike the GM one that has cast iron footings and an aluminum cross bar.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Where did you get it from? And how much? I'm looking at this one as well as the Hotchkis. I do have a brand new OEM strut bar if anyone is interested. It's still in original packaging.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Just curious, why did you go with red or is that the only color it came in?

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
To answer both questions... I got the brace from CamaroPartsOutlet.com

Red and hammer finish black are what color they come in. I chose red and I may leave it that color depending on what I have done to the engine cover and other things.

I kind of like the bright red because when you open the Hood it jumps out at you and slaps you in the face.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lifetime Premium Member Now!!!

I have upgraded my account!!!

TRANS-vestite can kiss my a**!!!

¡viva la resistance!

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
He/she probably would.

Welcome! You have graduated!

·
Banned
258 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS EVERYONE!!!

BTW, the strut tower brace for my '12 2LS was $119 with free shipping.

I bought the 4 point brace for my '11 2SS/RS and it was $212 with free shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts