Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm leaving in a bit to trade in Johnson (my SUV) for a new Camaro. I'll either have a sob story about how much the dealer sucks or pictures to make this thread worthwhile.

Happy Friday

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Gogogo!!!

Good luck man :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats! I think you'll like it from what little experience and knowledge I know about the car......
LOL
The dealer is dragging his feet on my trade in right now. Meanwhile I get to play
With the car and ogle the RJT 1SS hanging out in the showroom.

I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news, I own a camaro!
Bad news, now I have to drive it to work.

I'll get some pics in this thread before EOD, promise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update,
I'm at work now, no issues getting from the dealership to work (though some idiot in Beretta almost changed lanes into me...love the FDR).
I've attached 3 pics;
In the first you can see it was a tough choice between the camaro and buick lesabre. It's hard to pass up cloth on the top. :cool:
The second pic shows the other side and in the background my old car, Johnson. 72,000 miles and 5 years together, I would have loved to be able to keep him. :(
The third is the rear left wheel. I hadn't seen the 18" wheels IRL tilll I got to the dealership today. Maybe this'll help someone else out. ;)

The Camaro is a 1LT 3.6L V6, auto w/ c&c package and boston acoustics.
The drive from Long Island City to Battery Park was smooth and the car was able to handle bumps and one minor pothole flawlessly (and that's why I got the 18s for the extra sidewall).
One more thing, this car is TITS! Just to feel the car moving itself and letting me tag along is amazing. And the sound of the engine coming to life when I accelerate is almost like the first time I heard Led Zepplin's "Black Dog".
The best way to describe the relationship between driver and car is I'm a 16 year old girl and the car is my 18 year old boyfriend. I love him dearly, but I need to stop him from moving too fast. And I'm pretty sure he'd be able to find a replacement for me if we're going too slow for him. One day when we have the highway all to ourselves and I'm sure no one is looking I'll let him take me all the way. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know forsure, that the Camaro doesn't like going 35 or behind someone that is poking down the interestate that is 65mph. Watch out for the one's that want to issue tickets. I know they love to get my Camaro. But have fun, enjoy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts