Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics Cont.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Ok I want a G8 now.

No.....I can't....must.........wait for.....cam......a.....ro......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I want a G8 now.

No.....I can't....must.........wait for.....cam......a.....ro......
That was my problem too. I sold my 2003 11 sec Mach 1 and wanted a Camaro. Then I couldnt wait and got a G8.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
The V is a Holden (Australian) badge. Commodore SS V. If you look you will be able to see the V. The V8 6.0 litre is also a Holden Badge. It has nothing to do with Cadillac.

http://www.rsportscars.com/holden/2007-holden-commodore-ss-v/pictures/4666

http://www.rsportscars.com/holden/2007-holden-commodore-ss-v/pictures/4669
O.K. my mistake. I see so many cars sticking emblems of other cars on to theres is cracks me up. I thought is was V series badge from Cadiliac.
thanks,

It still a Pontiac not a Holden I thought :screwy:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No to be a jerk but it's not a Cadi dude...:confused:
Are you putting the Buick circles on fender next man??
G8 looks great be proud it a Pontiac.
A. Its a re-badged Holden not a Pontiac. Its already a fake if you will. :D
B. Research before you speak!:screwy:

·
Registered
71 Posts
A. Its a re-badged Holden not a Pontiac. Its already a fake if you will. :D
B. Research before you speak!:screwy:
OK I said my mistake,a nice G8 I almost bought one because I have 2 kids but really want a new Camaro since I had several before. There a guy at my work that has a GTO with some Holden badges on it. I know they designed it down under and everything but ahh never mind
Nice G8 man.
How you get in 12's? I see there some cam packages out there and Kooks has a full length headers and exhaust for them.
Procharger has a nice kit out believe makes around 540hp or around 470 to wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No offense and didnt mean that to sound the way it did. Its all bolt ons. I ran 12.70 without headers. Now it will have heads, cam, ported intake and TB, 3000 stall, Pedders suspension, light weight wheels and DRs and some tuning. Should run 11.70ish. I still need a Camaro, but since I have always wanted a 69 Z-28 since I was a kid, if I cant have a 69, then it has to be an 09-10.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice those are good times.
I have seen a couple of youtube clips of a G8 with a DOD cam??
Not sure who that is but **** that G8 sounds nice!!
Ya I wish I had my 69 Z-28 was a real one too not fake o'well
new ones are going be sweet can't wait to get one.:mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am getting rid of DOD. Fast cars dont run on 4 cylinders!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I am getting rid of DOD. Fast cars dont run on 4 cylinders!
i kind of beg to differ i know 2 people with evo's with 500-515 to all 4 wheels and one has a measly 2.7 stroker kit and does the latter 515awhp but that's my opinion of course.;):lol:
so just because the motor is small doesn't mean in the right package and mods it can't go fast.i mean **** have you ever seen the times at HIN X-Box cup drag series races? and no it's not being held on the consoles

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I built a few 11sec WRXs. My point is that why do I have to RUN on 4cylinders when I have 8. I had a 10 sec Turbo Regal so I know all about little motors getting it done! It 60fted faster then any real street full weight, full interior, with a/c and cruise car on DOTs, WRX/EVO that I ever have seen. That was with 92K on the original engine trans and diff. NO WRX/EVO can do that. The trannys wont for sure. About the time those cars get what I call "fast" something real expensive breaks!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I built a few 11sec WRXs. My point is that why do I have to RUN on 4cylinders when I have 8. I had a 10 sec Turbo Regal so I know all about little motors getting it done! It 60fted faster then any real street full weight, full interior, with a/c and cruise car on DOTs, WRX/EVO that I ever have seen. That was with 92K on the original engine trans and diff. NO WRX/EVO can do that. The trannys wont for sure. About the time those cars get what I call "fast" something real expensive breaks!
HELL WHAT DOESN'T BREAK Eventually when you're racing.i'll admit many stock amercian componets are built STRONGER than japs take nissan's VQ in the 350Z,The rods fail after 450 horse verses say a LS2 the crank can handle 1000hp:patriot:.but the fact of the matter is this that fact you ARE Running that ON 4 CYLINDERS rather than 8.but i'm not gonna argue with you if what you say you did you did.needless to say AWD IS FUN AINT IT?:lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By all means it is! Fast Syclones were the ultimate back in the day. The WRXs that I modded had unreal off the line acceleration and after 80mph I would be gone! I shock a lot of them in my G8. If they dont leave hard enough its over by 60mph.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts