Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
wat the hell is wrong with my comp or that forum, it just wont load :BangHead: can someone post whatever it is here please

edit: wont even work on IE
I am on my work computer and I am un-able to visit the site now..

I did see it earlier from home...It's the photos of the camaro in the accessories video posted a few days prior. Basically appears that they put a wide variety of accessories all on one car to show available options (at this point...stripes, separate rim packages, grounds, ect). I love the body of the spy photos we have seen driving around, these accessories shown are to much obviously, but I understand that they are throwing ideas in and out..

I dont know if anyone agrees, but does it seem that spoiler is a little much? I agree the rear end appears a little naked without a spoiler, but the one shown there....to much if you ask me. I would like a small deck, and im assuming will also be available..hopefully. I do however, like the vents, gas cap, and I do like the ground effects on the side panels and front end...not so much on the rear...dont know why but it doesnt seem to mesh well. I know these are just "ideas" at these points. I am curious to see what the rest of you think.

One thing I dont see that I am hoping for is the good ole sun roof...and I am sure all of you noticed the SS AND RS decals!!!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I DID see the RS SS badges. I agree, wing too much. I say stick with the concept spoiler. The car has a high waistline, anything above that line makes it look overweight.

The ground effects are somewhat tasteful with the exception of the rear. The taillights are too recessed, and it looks too busy with the exaust tips and rear diffuser. I do like the idea of the rear diffuser, but tone it down a bit. Once again, it's a big car already and anything added makes it look too heavy.

The stripes look VERY good, as I observed the stripes I did notice that the air intake on the nose isn't there (see 2011 silver convertable pics). The hood itself looks nice with the cowl induction. Red w/ black stripes = :cool: Hopefully there will be a multitude of colors to choose from.

Gas cap is too shiny; I say make it brushed aluminium to tone it down a bit.

Rims need a little lip on them. They are good tasteful designs; just make them deeper. Recess them an inch or so in the fronts and give me at least a 3 inch lip on the rears. Powdercoated calipers are nice. Slotted/Drilled rotors; Saweet!

Grill is downright HIDEOUS!!

Overall; not bad. I do understand they are mainly conceptual ideas and will get a little tweaking (hopefully with a little help from our inputs). Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Here are some pics I found on another site I dont know if anyone else posted these but they are sick
Looks like some big time leaked images of the clay/mock up car they use here in Auburn Hills.

Someones in trouble :rotflmao:

FWIW - don't over analyze any features of this car, its a mock up used for test fitting accessory ideas.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I agree, the wing is over done. But, and I don't know why, it actually looks kinda nice on the car. IMO, they could loose the ground effects up front and keep the rest of the package.

Yep, someone just lost their job.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I HATE the rear bumper. I thought we were moving away from the chunky body kit era.

Edit: Anyone notice there's not scoop on the nose?! Hopefully you don't have to order the ugly ass body kit to delete the scoop.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ugh...not my thing...too ricer.:confused:

Hate the wheels, hate the spoiler and ground fx. Can they possibly make the grill bowtie a little bigger?

Hockey stripes are OK, but I think the 2 different stripes together are too much.

The hood looks a little taller...I like that.

·
Registered
637 Posts
it's a decal, not uncommon on mock up cars like this one
I understand that, its kinda hard to type sarcasm.:hello: It was just in response to comments on the grill, no use commenting until its at in 3 dimensions.:D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I understand that, its kinda hard to type sarcasm.:hello: It was just in response to comments on the grill, no use commenting until its at in 3 dimensions.:D
I thought it kinda looked fake :lol:

I like the RS style headlights...at least it shows they are considering something like that.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Any choppers want to chop the clay RED to match the body? :D

I'm seriously against that stupid wing, it does NOT flow with the car at all, it looks out of place, they need to fix that asap with a spoiler or some sort. I love love the "flat black" color as stripes, hopefully they make it into production.

For those of you complaining about the REAR, I don't knw if you noticed but if you look at the 6th picture you can see that they only show one rear kit, the other half is a completely different, and what seems to be a much "simpler" design, kit.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
So the driver side is the RS package/look, and the passenger side is the SS side.

The SS side seems to have the simpler rear kit design AND the smaller spoiler we see in the concept. See the 6th picture again. So that's a good thing IMO. I think I'll like the SS rear look a lot better!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I hope the smaller spoiler is an option for the RS also, I'd hate to have that wing on my car. Although, they could just be testing to see what looks best.

I agree that they need to change the ground fx package. That car does look a little too "ricer".

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
So the driver side is the RS package/look, and the passenger side is the SS side.

The SS side seems to have the simpler rear kit design AND the smaller spoiler we see in the concept. See the 6th picture again. So that's a good thing IMO. I think I'll like the SS rear look a lot better!
good pickup...I didn't notice that.

·
Registered
620 Posts
it's only in the back that you see the change in the fx package, the front looked the same still. i like the fx look all the way up untill you get to the back. and the wing sticking off the trunk needs to go, just extend the spoiler off the trunk lip like that od the old cars, leave the wing to the ricers. IMO anyway

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts

Again, don't read too much into what you see here :cool:

:rotflmao::hello:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.