Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my stock Midnight silver 20" RS wheels powder coated today. I think it came out great! I still need to paint the center caps to match so they aren't on in the pics.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually it wasn't bad. It was $65/wheel to powder coat so $260 total. goes down to $55/wheel for wheels under 20"
The only hassle was that my powder coater doesn't remove or remount tires, so I had to put my car up on jack stands and take all the wheels to a tire shop and pay them to remove and the remount the tires. They charged me $160 to remove tires, remount tires, rebuild tire pressure sensor, balance the wheels, and slightly scratch all of my rims! Luckily they said they'd pay for the damage they caused.
So all in all it was $420.. A lot cheaper than going out and buying a new set!

·
Registered
968 Posts
looks good. What I wanted in the first place and what I thought the midnight silver looked like before I ordered. :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
That turned out great.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, I was expecting midnight silver to look more black as well.

Bamaproshop... You are right, I have been planning to look online and buy some black lugs. where did you get yours? they look great. I also really like the silver trim on your chevy logo!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Yah, I was expecting midnight silver to look more black as well.

Bamaproshop... You are right, I have been planning to look online and buy some black lugs. where did you get yours? they look great. I also really like the silver trim on your chevy logo!

I got the black lug nuts on amazon.com (search 2010 camaro black lugnuts) and the bowties on the center caps stick up so when paint them it just runs off i painted mine 3 times and couldnt cover up the bowtie but they turned out good imo.

On the lugnuts make sure you order 5 packs cause they only come four to pack and you need 20 of them..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts