1,210 Posts
nice but needs aftermarket in-dash deck

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
What y'all don't like the BEAUTIFUL orange?:lol:

I am not liking the angle of the readout screen, and it is too shiny.

Both make make it hard to read with the amount of sun that is in the pic at certain angles....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
That whole black area needs to be the screen..not just that small rectangle.
Hehehehe... many hours went into getting that screen as big as possible

If you were to cut the dash in half and look at the stack up of parts you would see that the whole thing is designed and optimized without any air between parts..

The screen is quite high resolution and due to the brightness and angle of view it is actually quite easy to read even on a sunny day.. the picture you see was a prototype taken from the rear seat which isn't the optimized viewing angle.
All LCDs are optimized for a particular viewing angle

·
8,984 Posts
Hehehehe... many hours went into getting that screen as big as possible

If you were to cut the dash in half and look at the stack up of parts you would see that the whole thing is designed and optimized without any air between parts..

The screen is quite high resolution and due to the brightness and angle of view it is actually quite easy to read even on a sunny day.. the picture you see was a prototype taken from the rear seat which isn't the optimized viewing angle.
All LCDs are optimized for a particular viewing angle
They may be "optimized" but that does not guarantee that they will look right, imo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They may be "optimized" but that does not guarantee that they will look right, imo.
agreed - if i wasn't trying to be polite and politically correct I would have used a few TV-MA words to describe the types of heated debates :twak: that went on to get that screen as big as possible..

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't know if anyone besides Octane can answer this, and I know its been brought up before, but I'm just over 6'1" tall and I was wondering how comfortable the Camaro is to drive for a taller person. Because my truck got broken into the other day I've been driving a GMC Canyon rental truck, and its very uncomfortable to drive for me. It makes me sit up to high, and because I can't lower the seat I have to move it way back to make sure that I can keep my knees below the dash and steering wheel.

So basically it feels like I'm reaching out and down for the steering wheel when I drive it when I would prefer to sit a little lower and not have to reach. If someone could provide some input on the Camaro I would appreciate it. Thanks.:)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I don't know if anyone besides Octane can answer this, and I know its been brought up before, but I'm just over 6'1" tall and I was wondering how comfortable the Camaro is to drive for a taller person. Because my truck got broken into the other day I've been driving a GMC Canyon rental truck, and its very uncomfortable to drive for me. It makes me sit up to high, and because I can't lower the seat I have to move it way back to make sure that I can keep my knees below the dash and steering wheel.

So basically it feels like I'm reaching out and down for the steering wheel when I drive it when I would prefer to sit a little lower and not have to reach. If someone could provide some input on the Camaro I would appreciate it. Thanks.:)
This has been talked about before, but it's kind of hard to search on. I think some people in the focus group are taller than that, and they were very happy. And isn't Scott Settlemeyer like 9 feet tall (or is that just me idolizing him)?

I'm 6'2" and I will be wearing a helmet at least once a month in my car, so I am REALLY hoping for some nice headroom, without having to lean the seat back gansta style.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Well I'm 4' 10" so how high can the seats come up?

J/K....just wanted to throw something in here to stir it up a bit!:D

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
The blue backlight is a winner.

The radio doesn't look like much, but as long as it sounds good when I'm not listening to the engine that's really all that counts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wait I have a question where is the torque gauge!!?also are those headlight the correct ones or on there as the preproduction model, they look like crap

Also do you think the autos will have the "tap shift" on the wheel(looks like it) or on the shifter if its on the wheel I may have to get a stick shift

Also anyone else notice the dude has the car floored, oil pressure is at 45-50 PSI and the tach is reading over 4000 RPM's..... :patriot: :bowdown: :bowtie_gold:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seat adjustability is really really good on this car.
In the focus group we had a person that's 5'0" and a person that's 6'3" and both were able to adjust the seat to comfortable driving positions.
...and with room to spare on both sides of those heights! :)

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Seat adjustability is really really good on this car.
In the focus group we had a person that's 5'0" and a person that's 6'3" and both were able to adjust the seat to comfortable driving positions.
...and with room to spare on both sides of those heights! :)
I'm not 4' 10"....really .......I'm not!:D

That's great to know there's that much adjustability with the seats.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts