Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a picture of the LS3 or L99 without the engine covers? Curious to see how it looks under there. I wonder if vette covers will possibly fit?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here ya go.....

Reactions: OverAnxious

·
Registered
338 Posts
look's like farm equipment, just like my 02SS's LS1. The beauty is when the accelerator is depressed. I only open my hood for service and to check the fluids.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ugh...those heater hoses and that fuel rail crossover will be the first things to get modded under my hood.
I agree. Guess maybe that's why they covered it up......

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
They call it an engine cover because it is covering a gasoline engine, not an electric motor.
If it were only that simple, not all motors are electric.
It is open to interpretation. For starters, they call it a motor vehicle, yet refer to the motor as the engine

You put the engine on the engine stand to work on it, but the parts to connect the motor to the chassis are called motor mounts...

It is an interesting discussion :D

Main Entry: mo·tor
Pronunciation: \ˈmō-tər\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from movēre to move
Date: 1586
1: one that imparts motion ; specifically : prime mover
2: any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion: as a: a small compact engine b: internal combustion engine ; especially : a gasoline engine c: a rotating machine that transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy
3: motor vehicle ; especially : automobile

Main Entry: en·gine
Pronunciation: \ˈen-jən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English engineering, from Anglo-French, from Latin ingenium natural disposition, talent, from in- + gignere to beget — more at kin
Date: 13th century
1obsolete a: ingenuity b: evil contrivance : wile
2 a: something used to effect a purpose : agent, instrument <mournful and terrible engine of horror and of crime — E. A. Poe> b: something that produces a particular and usually desirable result <engines of economic growth>
3 a: a mechanical tool: as (1): an instrument or machine of war (2)obsolete : a torture implement b: machinery c: any of various mechanical appliances —often used in combination <fire engine>
4: a machine for converting any of various forms of energy into mechanical force and motion ; also : a mechanism or object that serves as an energy source <black holes may be the engines for quasars>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks like an LS1 to me, except for the heater hoses and a few other small items.

What's the V6 look like?

·
Registered
646 Posts
not sure how you would reroute those heater hoses, I'd personally get a coil relocation kit and try to clean up that mess under there. I like to go fast but I like my underhood to look cool as well.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Looks like an LS1 to me, except for the heater hoses and a few other small items.
You can tell it's a 6.2L LS3/L99 by the intake manifold. It bulges out more over the crossover fuel rail, unlike the LS1's or LS2's.

Also the throttle body is different on LS2's & LS3's from LS1's or LS6's.

It's all in the details.

But ya i will need to clean it up, before i put some custom fuel rail covers on there. I don't know why the couldn't do it like the vette or even Gto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics!! Looks like some creative thinking is needed to use Vette covers on there! I wonder where GM Performance Parts routed the heater hoses on the LS7 Camaro? Maybe they blocked them off, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts