Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a really neat picture for all of you who are worried about how GM applies stripes. This is a picture inside the stripe facility in the clean room. First, all cars are thoroughly cleaned and dried off in the hood and trunk lid area. Then the car is placed in a well lit area within the clean room to ensure that any defects or impurities are seen and removed. The blue film you see in this picture is only removed after the application is complete to reduce the risk of damaging the stripes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Those are great pics. It's not often you get to see the process itself. It always made you wonder how they did it. I know people (JeffY) explained how much a PITA it was with the 35th LE stripes, but it's good to see behind the curtain.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the pictures, now get back to making these Bad Boys, lol just kidding :5go:

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for posting Hylton!

Wow, I didn't think I'd like the combo, but black with white stripes looks AWESOME!

.....then again, just about anything looks awesome on this car. :D

.....with the possible exception of leopard-print and green/orange plaid two-tone.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
cool...just wish all the stripes were done at the factory.:(

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Here is a really neat picture for all of you who are worried about how GM applies stripes. This is a picture inside the stripe facility in the clean room. First, all cars are thoroughly cleaned and dried off in the hood and trunk lid area. Then the car is placed in a well lit area within the clean room to ensure that any defects or impurities are seen and removed. The blue film you see in this picture is only removed after the application is complete to reduce the risk of damaging the stripes.
Extremely nice...thanks for showing to us! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is in the front row:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts