Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody looking at them recently? I waited a little long to buy mine for spring break; 600 bucks just to go home, 700 to go to florida to visit my uncle :eek:

this is nuts! usually it's about 300 to go home, i was expecting around 400 to go down to tallahasee, go figure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow, I was just in Orlando about a month ago and it was only $350 round trip.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
best time to buy plane tickets is winter... sh!t hits the fan as we move towards summer as far as gas prices go. especially when there is gov't unrest in major oil producing countries. don't blame the gas companies... blame the stock speculators that trade oil every day!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Jets dont use GAS, there's is a dif type of fuel, that dont mean it will not go up. But and wait for it, in 3 or 4 months the oil co will be braging about records profits...Just saying....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jets dont use GAS, there's is a dif type of fuel, that dont mean it will not go up. But and wait for it, in 3 or 4 months the oil co will be braging about records profits...Just saying....
the raw oil we buy still comes from the same place, the only difference is that JP8 or whatnot is refined to a different degree than the fuel your car uses. ;)

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
the price of gas is directly proportional to the price of jet fuel, and both are directly proportional to the price of crude oil.

it is all refined from crude oil; the main reason why transportation costs are going up right now is due to the price of crude going up $10 per bbl in one week.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
the price of gas is directly proportional to the price of jet fuel, and both are directly proportional to the price of crude oil.

it is all refined from crude oil; the main reason why transportation costs are going up right now is due to the price of crude going up $10 per bbl in one week.
Ticket prices seem to be much higher right now than they were when gas was $4 a gallon. Fact is, they didn't go down by much when the per barrel price was back under $50. I had to use 40,000 flier miles for a round trip ticket more than 5 months out (coach!).

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I got lucky, booked mine to Cancun last month for the summer.. it was 400 a ticket less than it is now, i looked just for curiousity

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Tickets will always be cheeper the further out you book, highest price paid will always be closer to departure regardless of fuel cost.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
We just got back from Las Vegas. I can honestly say the TSA tops my list of sobs I cant stand. OH and southwest sucks with their non assigned seating.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Ticket prices seem to be much higher right now than they were when gas was $4 a gallon. Fact is, they didn't go down by much when the per barrel price was back under $50. I had to use 40,000 flier miles for a round trip ticket more than 5 months out (coach!).
that's because airline's were not profiting before oil reached $165 and when the price went down, they kept the prices roughly the same because they were starting to make a profit. now that they've figured it out, they will just keep going up as oil goes up.

i prefer to fly Southwest... frequent flier program is one of the better one's i have (fly 8 round trips/16 one way trips, get one free with only a $5 TSA fee on the free flight regardless of the miles) and they have more leg room than continental. my continental/united frequent flier program requires at least 25,000 miles before i can fly free and they have a $80 fee when using miles!

if you have a trip planned this year, buy your tickets now, prices are going to continue to rise as we get closer to summer and the demand increases!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
that's because airline's were not profiting before oil reached $165 and when the price went down, they kept the prices roughly the same because they were starting to make a profit. now that they've figured it out, they will just keep going up as oil goes up.

i prefer to fly Southwest... frequent flier program is one of the better one's i have (fly 8 round trips/16 one way trips, get one free with only a $5 TSA fee on the free flight regardless of the miles) and they have more leg room than continental. my continental/united frequent flier program requires at least 25,000 miles before i can fly free and they have a $80 fee when using miles!

if you have a trip planned this year, buy your tickets now, prices are going to continue to rise as we get closer to summer and the demand increases!
It's more like a vicious cycle. They weren't making as much of a profit because less people were flying frequently, and people fly less frequently when the prices are too high.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
just booked plane tickets for me and my wife to go to florida next month. 500 bucks through airtran. from canton -akron to tamps. strait through. now i just gotta get on priceline and bid me a car!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
just booked plane tickets for me and my wife to go to florida next month. 500 bucks through airtran. from canton -akron to tamps. strait through. now i just gotta get on priceline and bid me a car!
we don't have airtran in these parts... never heard of them before until you mentioned it

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
its a line based out of atlanta i think. they go north and south. they dont go east and west. i think southwest just bought them out actually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts