Modern Camaro Forums banner

Garage or Driveway?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be interesting to see where people's new camaro's are living....
Ideally we would all put them in a garage, but personally I don't have a garage on my house, so it's the driveway for my 'bee....

When I had my 'vette, I was NOT popular on the forums when I mentioned that it didnt get garaged or covered daily...

These cars are made to be driven!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I dont have a choice..
I would rather let my wife, 5 year old, and 5 month old be able to get in and out of our Escalade with out getting wet if it is raining.. So my SS will be parked out side.. I work alot of nights anyways so it would be parked outside at work. I have a car cover for it though to help out.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yes, they are made to be driven...but there's no way mine's gonna sit in the driveway. If I didn't have a garage I would at least rent one for the winter.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i park mine in a garage at home and at work. seems to gather a lot of dust overnight. i ordered a grey car cover from the dealer when i ordered my car and it still hasn't come in! they have plenty of red ones but no grey. anyone else have that problem?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i park mine in a garage at home and at work. seems to gather a lot of dust overnight. i ordered a grey car cover from the dealer when i ordered my car and it still hasn't come in! they have plenty of red ones but no grey. anyone else have that problem?

yeah, mine get's a little dusty...but it's still better than sitting outside. When you get your cover, make sure you give it plenty of time to cool down before you cover it...if it's hot it'll lead to moisture and rust :eek:.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
yeah, mine get's a little dusty...but it's still better than sitting outside. When you get your cover, make sure you give it plenty of time to cool down before you cover it...if it's hot it'll lead to moisture and rust :eek:.
thanks for the advice, i would have just thrown it on there each night. i've never used a car cover before accept on my jet ski.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine is not a daily driver.And I live in rural area. I'll take her out on Cool evenings, Saturday and Sunday drives down a backway 2 lane highway. Love the curves and straight aways following along the river. :lol: I Keep my camaro covered 90% of the time in my garage next to my corvette, which is cover 95% of the time. (and I don't drive them in the winter months.) When driving into the city I drive my F-150. To many crazy drivers out there. And I would never consider parking it in a mall parkin lot.

Current inventory:

2010 Camaro SS2 RJT 6sp man. 20" polished rims, Leather Int. Black Strips.
2007 Chyrsler 300 Touring Package, Sun Roof
1999 Ford F-150 (135,000 and counting)
1982 Corvette (71,000 Original miles) "Last of the sharks"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speaking of car covers. Did anyone else have to wash theirs. Since my car was the opening day unveiling at the dealers, it came with it but when I took it off about a week later after the rain had stopped here in Utah. So I could take it out it was covered with lint & dust. Cman

·
Registered
134 Posts
Garaged. Every vehicle I own has to be garaged. Just look at the damage the sun does to plastics, etc after a few years.

I am having to get rid of a classic LandCruiser to make room for the Camaro.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
There is no garage space at my house...I'm considering getting a car port for the side driveway or at least a cover.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mazda is out and Camaro is in. Yes it is a 2 door garage but my motorcycle uses the second half along with tools and such. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everybody is making me feel bad for making my car sleep outside!

But the way I look at it is I don't have a garage...so it's either have a camaro and leave it outside, or no camaro at all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have mine in a rental garage until I buy the new house which has a garage attached. I scraped the front bumper with the door about a month ago. Nice $500 mistake :-(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine sits in the garage. Not a daily driver though. Yeah the GM car cover isn't the greatest quality in the world (they look cool though). I should have bought an indoor car cover.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't have a garage so she sits in the driveway until I have a car port built on the side of the house. Then it will be covered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My brothers will be a half and half. little in the garage a little in the driveway. I'm not giving up my spot where the Typhoon is, but my pops was nice enough to offer up the spot where his Bullitt is part of the time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts