Modern Camaro Forums banner

Which radio?

• Stock/Base Stereo

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Upgraded Stereo

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • Don't care, gonna change it anyways.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Don't care, whatever's in the car at the dealer.

Votes: 6 7.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna get all the bells and whistles. Upgraded stereo for me. How about everyone else?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I'll see how it sounds, and If I don't like it, I'll get Rockford Fosgate or Pioneer. I want the Bass to Blow me away.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can't just take the radio out of the new camaro (or any new car for that matter)
The camaro radio has HVAC integrated into it, it also integrates with OnStar and other vehicle functions.

Choose the premium Audio package and you wont need to think about upgrading anything

..oh and the stock radio has red and blue illumination that's perfectly matched to the cluster dials and all the ambient illumination - some forum member worked really hard on the look of that part ;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GTC, I thank you in advance.;)
Ditto! Thanks GoTeamCamaro for all the hard work, and more importantly, passion, you've put into this dream car of ours. :patriot:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Base is fine for me. As long as it has the USB connection to play mp3's. The musical notes from the stereo are not the ones that I like to hear anyways. :roxor:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
It'll be whatever the premium stereo is that comes with the car. I'm REALLY disappointed that it's going to be a PITA to put in my own deck, but what can ya do?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'll definitely do the premium unit, the radio just looks too good in that car, I wouldn't want to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Whatever comes in it is good enough. I'm not buying the stereo its just a part that comes with the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
premium for me, I need all the cool gadgets.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seems to me you have to go with the upgraded stereo.
Have you seen the dash? it will take a serious hack job to put in an aftermarket system. Save that money and put it into go fast parts!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm changing speakers

I'm gonna get all the bells and whistles. Upgraded stereo for me. How about everyone else?
I've bought upgraded systems on other vehicles before and they sounded ok. But, when take off the panels & actually look at them their made very cheap, with small magnets and made of paper. So, if they have a small magnet they can't handle the bass very good. I like Infinity Kappa Series for the doors, and I have a 10" JL Audio Subwoofer that I bought a few years ago that hits very hard. I beleive the subwoofer was SL7 paid $700 for it with a custom box.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Ima install my Alpine w/ my power 300 fosgate on highs and my JL 500/1 on my 3-12" JL audios for my subs...and my focals speakers for my doors also HEHE. MMMM cant wait!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts