Or select one of these popular configurations:
G8 Sedan

MSRP1 $29,290

Comfort and Sound PackageSunroof Select G8 Sedan

MSRP1 $30,540

Premium PackageComfort and Sound PackageSunroof Select G8 GT

MSRP1 $31,845

Premium PackageSport Package Select
Help Center Contact Us Request Information Sitemap GM Sites Our Valued Partners RSS Low Speed Version Español ©2008 General Motors Corp. Copyright & Trademark Info Pontiac Privacy Statement 1 MSRP. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. Some vehicle images may contain optional equipment.
2XM Radio requires subscription. Not available in AK or HI. For more information, visit gm.xmradio.com
3Call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit onstar.com for system limitations and details.
4At participating dealers only. Take delivery by 9/2/08. See dealer for details.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think this is the most reasonable way to justify the Camaro pricing, while I expect the Camaro RS/SS to be priced slightly higher (maybe closer to the G8 GXP) and the base V6 slightly lower, I think this should be reflective of what we can expect from the Camaro, not the outrageous claims of 40k. I've definitely done the build your own G8 thing. Thanks for posting, good post.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GM will increase pricing for the 2009 G8 GT

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/-gm-will-increase-pricing-for-the-2009-g8-gt-ar59285.html

Until recently the Pontiac G8 GT was "fastest car under $30 grand". We say "was" because today GM announced will be raising the base GT sticker price $1,365.00 to $31,365.00.

All 2009 G8’s will come standard with XM Radio and eventually Bluetooth connectivity; both options deeply missed on the 2008 model. The G8 V6 base price will remain at $27,995.00.

The G8 GT is powered by a 361 hp 6.0L V-8 engine

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I would guess the base Camaro will start lower than what the V6 G8 does. You are getting alot of car with the G8.

We won't have to wait long to see what the actual pricing is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldnt hold my breath, Base SS will be around 30K(if we are lucky), SS/RS your easily looking at 35+ for the LS3

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldnt hold my breath, Base SS will be around 30K (if we are lucky), SS/RS your easily looking at 35+ for the LS3

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
That's kinda old news. I was disappointed at the price increase. You are still getting a great car for the price when compared to other cars in the same category.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wouldnt hold my breath, Base SS will be around 30K (if we are lucky), SS/RS your easily looking at 35+ for the LS3
Do you have anything else to say? :confused: Every post (practically) is about how much more the Camaro will cost the we are GUESSING!!!!!:BangHead:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Send them both to the Department of Redunancy Department! :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
no they wont. the G8 GXP is gonna be around 37-38K and you get a lot more car with the same engine as the Maro.

SS - 28,995
SS/RS 31,995

wait and see
I'm not quite sure where you're getting 37-38 for the G8 GXP, the G8 GT is only 31.5K loaded, I don't see any reason why there would be a jump of 6K+ just for the LS3 and a different front fascia, plus whatever other minor things are added, I couldn't imagine it being more than 35K. At least with this car we will find out much sooner than with the Camaro (I think the GXP pricing should be out soon anyways:confused:). Good luck with your guesses though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have anything else to say? :confused: Every post (practically) is about how much more the Camaro will cost the we are GUESSING!!!!!:BangHead:
Economics and pricing are going to be critical issues in the Sales and marketing of the Camaro that is why everyone is discussing the topic.

GM would be wise to follow the trend and position themselves according to the market conditions coming into effect in 2009/10. Failure to acknowledge the down turn of the economy, rise in fuel prices and the looming inflation would be a big mistake on GM's part.

·
Registered
637 Posts
And I am sure that they are looking to an internet forum to see what that will be. They are aware of the economy I am sure.

Cant we just go back to argueing about the backup lights and fuel fill door!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Economics and pricing are going to be critical issues in the Sales and marketing of the Camaro that is why everyone is discussing the topic.

GM would be wise to follow the trend and position themselves according to the market conditions coming into effect in 2009/10. Failure to acknowledge the down turn of the economy, rise in fuel prices and the looming inflation would be a big mistake on GM's part.
I'm confused:confused: Why did you put all that G8 data and then not use it to form any kind of argument for price, your "predicted" Camaro prices aren't even within throwing distance of the G8 from above. If anything they should be close. The base Camaro will be slightly more bare bones than the base G8, so it will be slightly less, and the SS will be slightly better equipped with some more power than the G8 GT, so it should be slightly more. I just don't understand your argument, I'm sorry but I really hope you're not right.

Just FYI, by posting your estimated prices all over the place and in every thread, you are either setting yourself up to show off how right you are or how horrible your "estimates" really are. You're walking a fine line, so be careful because if you're wrong, you most definitely will be called out.:hello:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I think The SS will start @ around 33K. Then the Challenger SRT will look worse than it already is.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think the base V6 will be $17995 and the SS will be $17999.

It will sell like no other car in history because they got the economics of a global market in sync with the oil speculators just before the sky fell and crushed the all sending oil to $0.99/bbl.

And I stand by my estimates and am preparing to copy/paste this into every thread on the forum.....

:BangHead::BangHead:

So is the fuel door on the right or left?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think the base V6 will be $17995 and the SS will be $17999.

It will sell like no other car in history because they got the economics of a global market in sync with the oil speculators just before the sky fell and crushed the all sending oil to $0.99/bbl.

And I stand by my estimates and am preparing to copy/paste this into every thread on the forum.....

:BangHead::BangHead:

So is the fuel door on the right or left?
:rotflmao:

I think the Camaro should just have a racing fuel cell, so you have to pop the trunk every time you want to fill it up:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts