Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you thought Pontiac was inching it's way back up to the top. They pull this shenanigan..... Pontiac G3 'Wave' is CAR? No like I said on Autoblog, it's TURD : The Ugly Rebadged Daewoo.

If You want to post here, you have to give it at least one compliment. the little POS needs it....

'Those wheels sure are are round'.............

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That color sure is red....what a freakin joke. Torrent, you probably do not recall a crappy re-badged korean tin can from the past known as the LeMans (sick). The car was a total FAILURE using a grand name from Pontiac's past. This car here is somewhat the same...as in..FAIL.:mad:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The LeMans? That little Geo Metro looking trashback?
Yes....but it was not a Geo...it was Daewoo I believe. Total POS.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, but it looked freakishly similar to a Geo. What was GM thinking? Back then- and right now? It should be called the G3 LeMans, because they already destroyed the nameplate.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I know, but it looked freakishly similar to a Geo. What was GM thinking? Back then- and right now? It should be called the G3 LeMans, because they already destroyed the nameplate.
Yeah, that would be fitting...SAD, but fitting!:BangHead:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
well in pontiacs defense they do need a car to compete with other compacts....chevy gas aveo....this kinda looks like a aveo.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I think GM should say they really dont know what they want to do with Pontiac...

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
So it's a Pontiac Aveo, big deal. GM needed to get into this small car market and they did with the Chevy Aveo. Why not go the efficient route and take advantage of one of your partners who already have a car out instead of spending millions in R&D etc :cool:

This is a natural fit for GM. It will sell more cars and keep the company headed in the right direction :cool:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
That is not the same engine in the Aveo... unless they are using the Ecotec in '09. I don't think it's the same 2.2 found in the G5, rather the new 1.8 Ecotec (which I believe is also in the Astra).

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
I am digging the buick/cadillac/pontiac fender vent.

NOT!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
cheap rebaged economy cars - its what put the Pontiac brand in such a bad position in the first place.. this is a sad day for Pontiac
So maybe GM should Spend a Butt load of money That they dont have Developing a New Compact....Rather than Selling A rebadged Car that Will attract The money Conscience Populus RIGHT?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Not an exciting car, but very cheap to develop (obviously) and will make money.
ROI on this car is huge, just like the G5.

Neither the G5 or G3 were planned at the beginning of these cars' lives, but like I said, ROI is huge on them, so here they are.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
cheap rebaged economy cars - its what put the Pontiac brand in such a bad position in the first place.. this is a sad day for Pontiac
Where have you been? This has been going on for some time now. :screwy:

What are some examples of how the partnerships with Asian automakers have put Pontiac in such a bad position?

Seems to be working out for the Chevy with the Aveo...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts