Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=134167

Dismissing this as hearsay for now.

They say it's five years out - so why even write about it?

Additionally, nothing has been said about the cancellation of the Pontiac Solstice (and Saturn Sky) other than GM is not pursuing a next-generation Kappa platform.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Who knows how things will be in 5 years anyway.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I guess since I have the 1st year of the G8 the value will soar. Not that I am gonna get rid of it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I live in New Castle DE and the local GM factory produces the Solstice and Sky, They are canceling 1 of the 2 shifts...also talks of shutting the factory down.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
That's kinda sad, because the G8 was the bast Pontiac of the Decade.

On another note, if they stop making the Kappa Platform, that's not saying they will kill the Solstice/Sky. Maybe they will move it more upmarket- maybe onto a completely new platform......

(maybe?)

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Pontiac G8 wont die if America keeps buying it. Same goes for all the awesome RWD muscle that is available right now.

Now, if America buys Pontiac G3's.. you know what will happen to the G8!!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The Pontiac G8 wont die if America keeps buying it. Same goes for all the awesome RWD muscle that is available right now.

Now, if America buys Pontiac G3's.. you know what will happen to the G8!!
G3 is gay

If I had the money, I'd buy one of every rwd american car out there RIGHT NOW: (camaro, Challenger, Mudstain, 300, Charger, G8. What else? impala....................Oh wait.......):mad::duh::no::boxing::thumbsdown:

·
Registered
313 Posts
the next Impala was gonna be RWD..

if the Camaro does really well.. GM might one day stop making Impalas that are just like Toyota Camrys!!
/buy a Camaro and vote for RWD!!!

..oh and I have a few gay friends who would happily smack anyone who might associate them with that lame G3 heap of cr*p.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The G8 thing is a rumor. Pontiac says it is not going anywhere and neither are they.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The G8 thing is a rumor. Pontiac says it is not going anywhere and neither are they.
They said the same thing about Oldsmobile about 5 years before they went bye bye...then guess what? While they say that for NOW, you never say never in the automobile industry.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is a big difference between Pontiac and Oldsmobile. Even though Olds was a been around for years company, Buick/Cadilliac offered the same thing. With Pontiac it is much different. Just 3 months ago it was Chevy going belly up because their truck sales could no longer support its line up. If that happened this site and mine would be pointless. Never say never, but who knows really.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I'm sure they used their crystal ball to figure this out or they may have used a magic 8 ball. Either way I believe it because both those methods always work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts