Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Um. Ok. As long as they don't call it a Chevelle SS or some hooey like that. The GTO was kicked in the face twice by the Nova-esque thing in the 70s and the jellybean thing a few years back. Please don't repeat those mistakes, GM. Don't.

·
Registered
180 Posts
G8 is a 4 door...gotta make a 2 door version if they call it a Monte.
I say Caprice...or maybe they'll come up with a new name...naaah.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
isnt it already called the Caprice in other countries? this is great news! if only i could talk my wife into one of these instead of her camry.....

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
there was a chevy caprice test mule driving around detroit back when the camaro was in its test mule stages. i remember everyone thinking it was a test version of the camaro powertrain....that may have been true, and it could have been a test mule for the caprice also....

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I don't think they will because of CAFE. They are having to make major changes to meet CAFE with the trucks. I can't see them doing the ZETA besides the police car.

chevy caprice
That looks like a Lumina, the Caprice is longer.

ed
it:

Statesman Caprice = US police Caprice

Lumina = G8

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i remember when the camaro came out, they had concept sketching of a Chevelle. maybe the Chevelle will make a comeback as a 4 door.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I don't think they will because of CAFE. They are having to make major changes to meet CAFE with the trucks. I can't see them doing the ZETA besides the police car.

That looks like a Lumina, the Caprice is longer.

ed
it:

Statesman Caprice = US police Caprice

Lumina = G8
thats right, i think it was called a Lumina SS when they were testing it here in the states.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts