Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ Pontiac USA ]

Detroit - Pontiac has announced that it is ringing in the new year with a fresh look for its best-selling line of G6 mid-size vehicles. Additional fuel-saving powertrain options, more aggressive exterior styling, and a sleek new instrument panel highlight the 2009.5 model G6, which will begin arriving in Pontiac dealerships in January. ...

More...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I just wish foglights were there. It looks emptier, but that's my only problem. I wish they'd also change the taillights' way of lighting up and looking just like a dodge neon. I wonder if they did anything to the 'angry beaver' GXP?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I just wish foglights were there. It looks emptier, but that's my only problem. I wish they'd also change the taillights' way of lighting up and looking just like a dodge neon. I wonder if they did anything to the 'angry beaver' GXP?
:rotflmao:
That GXP is one ugly car for sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
65-67

I wish Pontiac would do a GTO based on their 1965-67 body style,smaller of course. That was in my humble opinion, Pontiac's finest hour.;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I wish Pontiac would do a GTO based on their 1965-67 body style,smaller of course. That was in my humble opinion, Pontiac's finest hour.;)
I agree with you (although the 1965 was much different than the 66-67, but both are nice), but it would just never look right in modern context. You could never get the proportions to look anywhere close and shrink it down. Those cars had the huge rear ends that extented well beyond the rear wheel wells, and long noses as well. It just would look horribly out of place. That's why the small cars from the sixties (camaro, mustang, and challenger) are used for retros, because of there more modern proportions. I agree though, the mid-sixties GTOs are probably one of the best looking automotive designs of all time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the new look...I currently drive an 06 G6 and it's a nice car. It gets a lot better mpg's then my old 99 S10. When I'm on I-70 driving from either Columbia to St. Louis or Columbia to Kansas City I can lock it in at somewhere between 75-80 and get about 34mpg. Which is really nice for a 3.5L V6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts