Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I like. Still looks like a Solstice from the front, but from the sides and rear it sorta looks like an Aston Martin DB5 from the windshield back. And yet it still retains its good looks!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's neat. You never will see japanese cars with this much style...they design appliances, not cars.:patriot:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'd like to see a Turbo DI 3.6L with a 6spd manual in a Solstice..now THAT would be badass.
That's all well and good, Nick, but just how much "dong" would you be willing to shell out for said Solstice????:D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
That's cool looking. I Still like the Sky front end better than the Solstice, but I like the coupe. I've heard it was hard for tall people to fit before, looks even more so now, though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's cool looking. I Still like the Sky front end better than the Solstice, but I like the coupe. I've heard it was hard for tall people to fit before, looks even more so now, though.
Hmmm...couldn't you take the front end off a Sky and put it on a Solstice? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bet Mallet already has customers waiting to shoe-horn LS2s & LS3s in these things. :D
+1... You know what would be scary? Some crazy rich guy wedging an LS7 into one!! Can you say acceleration?! That's if you could get it to hook up! LOL

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Pontiac Solstice coupe to become production reality:

When Pontiac showed the Solstice roadster and coupe concepts at the 2002 Detroit auto show, the roadster received the green light and hit the market for the 2006 model year.

More...

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
+1... You know what would be scary? Some crazy rich guy wedging an LS7 into one!! Can you say acceleration?! That's if you could get it to hook up! LOL
There is a company that has LS7 upgrades for it, so I am sure its been done many times.

Now how about a turbo tall deck LSX block:D over 500c.i.:D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Pontiac Roars Forward

2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe

Jim Bunnell
Buick-Pontiac-GMC General Manager
If there’s anything better than introducing a new product, it’s introducing three new products. And if there’s anything better than introducing three new products, it’s introducing three new products that show Pontiac’s getting its mojo back.
At the New York Auto Show today, Pontiac took the wraps off some new members of the Solstice and G8 families.
First up was the Solstice Coupe, which takes its classic design of the roadster to another level. The original convertible is still the top selling car in its segment and we think that the added all-season capabilities of the coupe, in either the base or turbo-charged GXP model, will just extend its appeal. Plus, a removable top panel can still provide an open-air driving experience.

More...

·
Registered
139 Posts
There is a company that has LS7 upgrades for it, so I am sure its been done many times.

Now how about a turbo tall deck LSX block:D over 500c.i.:D
That's pretty demented. Next thing you know, we will have LS9's or LSA'a making there way into one of those.

I think the solstice is a nice looking car, the Coupe is VERY nice looking! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts