Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently read yet another article released on MSN.com comparing the 2010 Camaro to the 2010 Mustang. Is the Camaro REALLY that unrefined and uncomfortable? Is it too "cartoony" whereas the Mustang is mature? Is the interior of the Camaro that plain and unappealing compared to the Mustang? They even stated early on that they wouldn't nitpick on the smaller details about how one car can beat the other by a few tenths of a second, but yet they continue to bash this car like it's a POS. Personally, Mustangs are generic; been around too **** long and they aren't very exciting cars. They are a dime a dozen.

I love my Camaro and it performs every bit as well as it looks. Mustang owners bow their heads in shame when they see me coming down the road.

Everybody is riding this press nonsense about Ford being the only company out of the big three in Detroit not accepting a bailout so their reputation remains intact. I wonder if the press feels obligated to continue this silly and ridiculous downplay of the new 5th Generation Camaro because of this (not solely).

I know there will be those that disagree with me wholeheartedly, but seriously, if you owned a Camaro and the press continues to trash your car when compared to an inferior Mustang, how would that make you feel? Your thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else. I owned a 2007 Mustand CS/GT. I currently own a 2010 Camaro SS. Not even friggin close to compare these two cars! Yeah yeah, of course I'm biased, but the Camaro is superior in so many ways. I don't need to preach to ya'll. You know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
You know what Knight........... you make me so ANGRY! :angry:

:lol: How's it going man? I read the same article. It did have some negative things to say, but some equally good ones too, and did so for both cars. Chapped my @ss a little at first, but I get defensive real fast when it comes to Camaro ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really think that the people who write these articles have no clue as to what a "muscle" car is really like.... I grew up in the 70s... my cousin had a 70 chevelle ss, 427, 5:13 gears that car would scream!!! All of his friends had muscle cars including the usual suspects, 69 camaros, a few cudas, a charger, a few mustangs... when you rode in those cars you knew they ruled the street....

Times have changed no doubt and I like the fact that my camaro can do more than just go fast in a straight line.... Having said that, in my opinion, the camaro embodies what a muscle car should be and I am glad I bought it...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what Knight........... you make me so ANGRY! :angry:

:lol: How's it going man? I read the same article. It did have some negative things to say, but some equally good ones too, and did so for both cars. Chapped my @ss a little at first, but I get defensive real fast when it comes to Camaro ;)
HAHAHA!! Revo!! How have you been man?! Thanks for chiming in. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I kept reading article after article, downplaying the new Camaro. :) Hope you are well man!

·
8,984 Posts
BTW, Chrysler has been bailed out twice.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I really think that the people who write these articles have no clue as to what a "muscle" car is really like.... I grew up in the 70s... my cousin had a 70 chevelle ss, 427, 5:13 gears that car would scream!!! All of his friends had muscle cars including the usual suspects, 69 camaros, a few cudas, a charger, a few mustangs... when you road in those cars you knew they ruled the street....

Times have changed no doubt and I like the fact that my camaro can do more than just go fast in a straight line.... Having said that, in my opinion, the camaro embodies what a muscle car should be and I am glad I bought it...
Very well said I agree with 100% everything as in how you put it .

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I don't care what they say. I like my car. Most other people like my car. Other cars roll down the street, no one looks unless it's an exotic, or a 2010 Camaro. What does that tell you? That the moron who wrote the article is WRONG! :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I don't care what they say. I like my car. Most other people like my car. Other cars roll down the street, no one looks unless it's an exotic, or a 2010 Camaro. What does that tell you? That the moron who wrote the article is WRONG! :D
:hmm::werd::werd::werd:

after I bought my car, I stopped reading articles about it ...I don't care what they think (or if they like the mustain better), I still love my car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The new Camaro is hands down the best looking pony car out there. The second best looking is the Challanger. That makes Mustang number 3! I waited years to buy a new Camaro. I had my first new one in 1973. It was a Z28! I absolutely loved it. The new 2010 Camaro is so good looking both coming and going. It also rides like a luxury car. (I have the 1LT) The Mustang although supposedly new, looks nearly the same as before. It does not turn heads like the Camaro.

The sales numbers reflect how the real folks view our great car. Those stupid magazine articles are just that...stupid!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mustangs to me are a little boring. I do like the Shelby 500 though. To each his own, I say. I didn't buy a Camaro to feel superior to a Mustang or Challenger, I bought it because my other car is a Smart Car. So, I guess I bought it to feel superior over myself.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mustangs to me are a little boring. I do like the Shelby 500 though. To each his own, I say. I didn't buy a Camaro to feel superior to a Mustang or Challenger, I bought it because my other car is a Smart Car. So, I guess I bought it to feel superior over myself.
:lol: WIN

·
Registered
368 Posts
HAHAHA!! Revo!! How have you been man?! Thanks for chiming in. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I kept reading article after article, downplaying the new Camaro. :) Hope you are well man!
Doin good! Yeah, Camaro's the hot thing right now so they're all backing the underdogs LOL Good to hear from ya tho man, hope you're doin well! I still haven't got my 5th gen yet, but hope is still alive :bowtie_gold:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got an '09 GT (intake, tune, axlebacks) and a '10 Camaro...the two cars are night and day.

The mustang can best be described as "raw" when compared to the "refined" camaro.

Everything from the clutch pedal engagement, shifter, engine noise/gear whine, road noise insulation, handling, interior appointments (gauges, a/c controls), etc. the Camaro can best be described (in my opinion) as refined in comparison to the Mustang.

My GT is fully loaded (leather, heated seats, etc.) and the Camaro is a 2ss/rs. The one place the Mustang is better is the stock stereo (Shaker 1000 in the GT, and BA in the Camaro)

I enjoy both cars, but they are very different

·
8,984 Posts
Detroit Muscle has one; he sold a few cars and then bought the smart as his daily and then the camaro as his weekend ride......

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
It all comes down to the editor...if they favor one of the cars over another you know they are going to support that one...it happens all the time. I can't remember which magazine it was but they were raving how the Mustang was so much better than the Camaro and the Camaro was ****. Turned out the editor of the magazine was a diehard Mustang owner.

I know it's all a matter of personal opinion, but in my eyes the Camaro is the best looking car on the road hands down and it's really comfortable.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got an '09 GT (intake, tune, axlebacks) and a '10 Camaro...the two cars are night and day.

The mustang can best be described as "raw" when compared to the "refined" camaro.

Everything from the clutch pedal engagement, shifter, engine noise/gear whine, road noise insulation, handling, interior appointments (gauges, a/c controls), etc. the Camaro can best be described (in my opinion) as refined in comparison to the Mustang.

My GT is fully loaded (leather, heated seats, etc.) and the Camaro is a 2ss/rs. The one place the Mustang is better is the stock stereo (Shaker 1000 in the GT, and BA in the Camaro)

I enjoy both cars, but they are very different
The stereo issue I DEFINITELY agree with. The Boston system in the Camaro is very underwhelming. Makes no sense. Even the Pioneer system in my 2006 Cobalt SS/SC is better by far.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts