·
Registered
1,054 Posts
:lol: Way to go, japan.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
NICE.

To spend an ass load of money on a nissan (why would anybody do something so stupid in the first place) only to find out the warranty won't cover a blown 20k tranny. :rotflmao:

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Wow, I would have never known about something like this except for reading it here. That's how much consideration I give to imports.:D

Although I have to confess, I was the Chief Mate of a ship that used to bring them into the country 5000 at a time.:eek: I hope you guys don't hold it against me, I only did it 3 times on voyages around the world. :ricesmiley:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
20k for the trany? i dunno if i believe that considering the car is 70k....that means over 1/4 of the cost of that thing is tied up in the trany.....And if its true HAHAHAHA Nissan Is doing Bad business Cause 75k Z06 trany is about 2500 lol.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
VDC = Virtual Destroyer of Cogs.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
What is VDC??? Sorry not up on all the GTR gadgets.
I am guessing it allows you to launch the car quicker??
VDC stands for VooDoo Coinage, or the hex that Nissan puts on your new GTR before delivery. It's supposed to enable Nissan Motor Corp with the ability to continue sucking money out of your wallet, and it appears to be working.:cool:

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
20k for the trany? i dunno if i believe that considering the car is 70k....that means over 1/4 of the cost of that thing is tied up in the trany.....And if its true HAHAHAHA Nissan Is doing Bad business Cause 75k Z06 trany is about 2500 lol.
It's only $2500 for GT-R tranny as well, the rest is shipping and labor:rotflmao:

He better hope they have the parts in stock. It takes me 28 days to cross the Pacific. Then another 35 to 40 days to clear customs, then 7-10 days to truck freight, then they have to send the techs to/from Japan for the install. Yep he oughta be back out there terrorizing the highways and byways about the time the 5th gen debuts.:lol:

The most reliable import I've ever seen was a Jaguar, with a chevy 350 in it.:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
The real issue that is brought up by this is that there's a black box in the GT-R that tracks your car's actions... Actually all modern cars have this feature. Anyway, the guy was doing hard launches with the VDC off. VDC in this case controls the grip of the tires. Every time he launched he had to turn off the VDC thereby voiding his warranty...

Most brands have VDC. I believe the GM equivalent is StabiliTrak.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
The real issue that is brought up by this is that there's a black box in the GT-R that tracks your car's actions... Actually all modern cars have this feature. Anyway, the guy was doing hard launches with the VDC off. VDC in this case controls the grip of the tires. Every time he launched he had to turn off the VDC thereby voiding his warranty...

Most brands have VDC. I believe the GM equivalent is StabiliTrak.
i read over the first page and came to the same conclusion as you...

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I don't know, if I spend 70k (plus), I'd expect the tranny to be able to handle the engine, whether I push some buttons or not. Now if I modded the car, sure, but stock, from the factory? Nissan should replace the tranny for free, and redesign it as well.

Could you imagine the flack if every ZR-1 broke it's tranny? People would be all over GM.

If turning off VDC breaks the tranny, then don't let them turn it off. It's stupid.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I don't see why he didn't know that supercars are meant to be drivin slowly. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts