Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsche has accused Nissan of cheating in the GT-R's record bid at the Nurburgring racetrack.

Porsche has just run its own back-to-back tests with the Japanese company's GT-R supercar and says it could not get within 25 seconds of Nissan's claimed record time of seven minutes 29 seconds in April.

It also found its 911 Turbo and GT2 were both quicker than the GT-R.

Full story: CarsGuide.com.au

Well. That's interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Nissan "cheating"?

Nissan has been accused of fudging the numbers especially with the GTR since around 1988. Using models with turned up boost and stripped down models that even lacked all the required safety equipment.

I'm sure Nissan will have an explanation.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Ouch Nissan fans:D

·
8,984 Posts
Well if you can't beat 'em , join 'em.

If you can't join 'em, lie to 'em.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
This car is their top dog. If it didn't live up to expectations, it could hurt the company. I think they are trying to save the company, instead of saving face.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Ya, i couldn't believe those numbers when i first saw them. The weight to horsepower ratio just didn't add up. Over on the www.corvetteforum.com there are bzillion threads of guys arguing about it.

·
2,774 Posts
well now you got the porsche camp on their side..

·
8,984 Posts
It may just be a smart move on Nissan.

I mean any PR is good PR. We have a whole Corvet, Camaro and Porsche forum(s) talking about it quite extensively. If we have a member that is on the fence about buying one of our vehicles, then they just might buy one. There are alot of those types on this forum.

or some of the "tuned/modded" GTRs are future models, which is more likely.

Now if Nissan is actually running these numbers, then this could be scary, but if they are just throwing numbers out for PR sakes, then just see my first comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts