Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Only if you have a cam is it necessary. Ported throttle body is the same case, but will get you better throttle response on an otherwise stock engine

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
the more i think about this, the more i want to just buy the FAST 102 intake. ive talked to many speed shops and they recommend the fast intake on a cammed motor more than the ported stock one. yeah it may be a cheap solution, but i dont think its the best solution. and if your cars not cammed, i wouldnt do the ported intake. throttle body would help though.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
the more i think about this, the more i want to just buy the FAST 102 intake. ive talked to many speed shops and they recommend the fast intake on a cammed motor more than the ported stock one. yeah it may be a cheap solution, but i dont think its the best solution. and if your cars not cammed, i wouldnt do the ported intake. throttle body would help though.
My tuner said the same thing.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i think the fast intake will be on my list of goodies for the year. i was looking at an old thread that someone posted last year. they had a stage 2 cam, similar to mine and they listed the HP #'s with the mods installed. they got like a 16 RWHP gain and 11 ft lbs tq with the fast intake. thats pretty **** good.

here it is...http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24556

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Not bad at all thats 3 more HP than my ADM ported intake gave with a stage 2 cam and that was on a 103 temp day.

IMO these probably work the best on Forced induction cars and car that are spraying. Stronger than stock and probably less weight if anything.

if the Grand for 16 hp is in your alley go for it. For less money I just couldnt see spending the $$$$ for a few more horse however you may need it for your type racing.

Every bit counts.

whats your compression ? I cant remember if you did any head work or not.

Google this intake and look for good buys on it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if your smart, you can shop around and get the fast for around 700-750. and i have heard that they are much better on procharged motors. i think im gonna go with the fast, when the time is right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts