Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't seen it yet, but i would imagine positraction would be an option for the V6. i hope so.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I read somewhere that only the LT model will have it. Don't know if that's true or not. Also don't know if that meant LT1, LT2 or both.

·
Registered
77 Posts
maybe a nub question, but what exactly is positraction? I only know traction control which means wheels dont spin without grip on the road. Is it something like that?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
maybe a nub question, but what exactly is positraction? I only know traction control which means wheels dont spin without grip on the road. Is it something like that?

From the web:

Limited Slip Differentials, Posi-Traction

Limited Slip and positraction (posi) differentials are designed to "limit" the tendency of open differential to send power to a wheel that lacks traction and redirect the power to a degree to the other wheel of the axle. The Limited Slip and Positraction differential will send power to both wheels equally when traveling straight, however when one wheel spins due to a lack of traction, the differential will automatically provide torque to the other wheel with traction. Limited Slip and Positraction (posi) differentials limit the loss of torque to a slipping wheel through various mechanisms such as clutches, gears, cones, and other methods dependent on the unit. The limited slip and positraction will not provide 100% lock up of the differential in extreme situations such as when a wheel completely loses traction. Limited Slip and Positraction (posi) differentials are recommended for daily driven vehicles and are used in many applications where traction is sometimes needed as in emergency vehicles. They are also ideal for front axles of 4x4 vehicles that are not equipped with front hubs that can be disengaged. The term "positraction" ("posi" for short) was used by General Motors years ago for their limited slip differential and has been used to refer to limited slips since.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It means 2 black stripes leaving my house instead of one.:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts