Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Maybe a mule just for the suspension and powertrain. But as for the car, I hope a big no. Plus, I lost faith in the article as soon as it said the camaro will be made in down under, since it has been announced to be built in canada.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Maybe a mule just for the suspension and powertrain. But as for the car, I hope a big no. Plus, I lost faith in the article as soon as it said the camaro will be made in down under, since it has been announced to be built in canada.
??? The article says:
The Camaro will be built in Canada from late next year and is expected to use a V6 or V8 engine when it goes on sale early in 2009. The Holden Monaro two-door coupe is traditionally built on the same wheelbase as the Commodore sedan.
And I think everyone knew the test vehicles would likely be made in Australia.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
??? The article says:

And I think everyone knew the test vehicles would likely be made in Australia.
I know that, but it says it in the article like it being built for production in Australia and the fact that it says "V6 or V8" are the things that throws me off of this story.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Camaro is in fact being developed in Australia.
But yes, it will be bulit at Oshawa Assembly in Ontario, Canada.

Test mules OFTEN wear skin other than the car that it is.
Remember the "Cormaro" in 1996? That was a C5 Corvette drivetrain in a Camaro body.
...some of you perhaps have seen it at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I know that, but it says it in the article like it being built for production in Australia and the fact that it says "V6 or V8" are the things that throws me off of this story.
The article says being developed in austrailia and built in canada.

It will have a V8 or 6 why would 1 car have a v8 and a v6, it probley wouldn't fit:lol: jk.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Ive read too many tech manuals and rule books today, Im goin crazy. I read the article and viewed it wrong. The ''or'' just made me think the writer wasnt sure what the car was goin to have as an option. I need a beer.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I wish the photographer would of crow barred the hood open and told us what was inside to give us something to work with.:BangHead:

·
8,984 Posts
I wish the photographer would of crow barred the hood open and told us what was inside to give us something to work with.:BangHead:
Dude, I really like you and everything, but put down the crack pipe.

I read everyone's responses first and then read the artcle.

Come awn guys, ou are killing me.

It was clear as a bell. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
wow..or its just bad GM fit and finish......I kid!

·
8,984 Posts
LOL :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts