Modern Camaro Forums banner

Possible striping options

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Jekyll-N-Hyde 
I would say a double stripe is more prelevent, expecially on GM vehicles. That's assuming they offer stripes. Of course, there are a million companies that make vinyl stripes in any number of shades to look how you want them to look and fit for relatively little cash. I bought some silver double stripes for my S-10 for $150...about three years ago I guess.

Usually factory stripes are vinyl. I doubt that stripes offered by GM will be painted. If they've ever done that, it hasn't been in a LONG time.

The vinyl strips on my S-10 looked good. There was a bit of an edge to them that sometimes you had to pay extra attention to when removing wax, but that was it. You can get vinyl stripes in any number of finishes (glossy, semi-gloss, satin, flat). Mine were glossy and matched the paint pretty well. I was pretty picky, and I liked the stripes alot.

What I've noticed is that typically, when stripes are offered, they offer them in the same colors they offer the bodies in. For instance, the S-10 Xtreme's had an option stripe package and when you selected the package at the dealer, you could pick any of the other colors the S-10 came in for the stripes (it was an $800 option...So I bought my own).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.