Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Some friend! Pulling an extra three THOUSAND dollars out of your pocket! I'd go elsewhere.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Well, nevermind then. I'm happy.
Want to buy my 04 GTO for 18k even though it's only worth 15k? I could use the extra money too. Then we'd both be happy.;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Don't want to get bashed anymore - nevermind the post. I'll stick to reading.
We're not bashing you; we're trying to save you some money. There are LOTS of dealers out there selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
wr arent bashing you we look out for fellow members of this forum and we are informing you your being ripped of....i mean why pay 3k more if you dont have to? 3 grand is new wheels and a killer exhaust system or a s/c or Other kick ass goodies.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Um, no it's not that time of the month and I'm not pissed. Just the tone of some of the posts were a bit over the top for me so I'd rather just back down and say nevermind.

I haven't put any money down yet and I've asked him if he can look into the pricing telling him I'm hearing that other dealers out of state are selling for MSRP or maybe below.

I really don't want to ship from out of state. Wouldn't I have to at least factor that price in over MSRP? I've had friends ship other cars and paid at least $1,200, never really sure if their car is going to arrive and in what shape it will be in when it gets here as it's open trailer. Paid $1,800 earlier this year to ship my new horse from Boston to WA state so I'm sure shipping the car wouldn't be much cheaper.

I'm also uncomfortable sending a deposit off to a dealer in another state even though they say it's refundable - not like I'm going to find it easy to drive or fly over there to get it back if they go out of business or run off with it. I know where this guy lives and he knows I'm a good shot with my 9mm - LOL!

I'm sure some of you may think I'm just a stupid woman for asking some of these questions but I drive a bad-ass, 10-second Camaro to work so I'm used to guys being annoyed by me.

Tracy

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Sorry if i Came of that way im really not a Dick....Like i Said just looking out for a Fellow Enthusiast.

Theres Gonna Be dealers Taking Advantage of Consumers and theres Dealers that Arnt. But paying 3000 Over should Be last resort Theres are Good dealers out there that arent gonna Steal from you and Im sure theres some in Washington.and we dont think your a stupid woman...heck i just found out you were a girl haha

Oh and welcome to 5th gen Welcome aboard

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It sounds like you've already got a chip on your shoulder. I could care less if you're male or female. If anyone has read anything on these forums, they'd know where the good deals are.

I'm also surprised there are still people out there who are "worried" about sending money for things sight-unseen. You fly in and drive back. Simple. I can assure you that if you buy from a sight sponsor, then you will not be disappointed - that is unless Camaro Scotty has been getting us all setup for a major arse screwing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No chip, just joking around that comes across wrong in e-mail I guess. It is true about guys not liking me driving my car though. Most are great about it, alot have been pretty vocal against it.

Thanks for the helpful input that I did receive. Sorry I was incorrect about the good deal part. Just sounded like a good one after all the other dealers I'd talked to. I was wrong.

Tracy

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Tracy - welcome to :5go:

While not always coming across the best, some members here are looking out by letting you know some dealers are offering the Camaro without a markup.

Your concerns about not buying sight un-seen from out of state and sending off your hard earned money out of state are certainly valid for some people, that works for some people, and not for others :cool:

Good luck with the new ride :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
No chip, just joking around that comes across wrong in e-mail I guess. It is true about guys not liking me driving my car though. Most are great about it, alot have been pretty vocal against it.

Thanks for the helpful input that I did receive. Sorry I was incorrect about the good deal part. Just sounded like a good one after all the other dealers I'd talked to. I was wrong.

Tracy
Welcome again ! If you have concerns about an out of state dealer (understandable) why not just PM some members here about getting your car from where they bought? I don't recall where you said you were from but if you were "local" (couple hundred miles I would guess) to Buffalo, I'd be happy to even go with you to my dealer to make the MSRP deal- most people here would.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts

Tracy
Enjoy your Camaro(s) :patriot:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts