Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the post that got me banned from "Camaro-Jive"... :lol: Please forgive the paraphrase since they erased it after my former friend's feelings were hurt by the dozens of responses calling him an idiot. :lol:

Please correct me if I'm wrong... in June of 2012 there was a car show in the city I live in. It's the largest show of the year in this area.

A former friend of mine and another friend decided at the last minute to attend. They both lived an hour away by the interstate.

I told the former friend when he called me frantic on my cell, "Take your time. You have plenty of time to get here. Registration closes at noon." The actual registration closed at 1:00 PM, but the info I had said noon.

He didn't listen. Just 2 miles from the exit to the car show, he was nailed for 96 mph in a 65 mph zone. :eek: AND he was slowing down at the time. The officer was nice and cut it back so he wouldn't lose his lisence.

My other friend, who was following him, made it to the show ahead of him due to obvious reasons. My other friend said he had a hard time keeping pace with the former friend because he didn't want to get a ticket.

When the former friend showed up at the car show(in plenty of time to register), he handed me the ticket and said, "Thanks a lot!! This is your fault?" :huh:

Did I miss something? Did I or did I not tell him to take his time? Was I driving? :confused: Am I wrong about this?

BTW, he did all of this with his wife and child in the car too. :rolleyes:
So what do you guys and gals think here? Am I wrong about not being to blame for his ticket?

I should have expected no less from this guy since he lacks in the better judgement department. This is the same guy who a month earlier(May 2012) had put his racing slicks and skinnies on his car to drive it to a car show on the interstate(illegal in Iowa)... with his child in the car!!! :no:

Not only did he risk the life of his child, but the lives of every other driver on the road.

He also asked(and I quote), "Would someone please follow me to hide my slicks from the police. I don't want to get pulled over." :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Well, you know what Forrest Gump would say.."Can't fix stupid".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Life's too short to worry about stuff like that. The decisions someone else makes is on them. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "If you're not part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem." Maybe one day that guy will realize that his destructive behavior is effecting his friendship and his family and will grow up a little. Either way, its not worth putting a lot of time into it. The world will continue to turn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should just move on because you were in the right. Friends that blame you for their mistakes are not friends but social leeches in my opinion. The more you fall into the guilt trip the more power you give this person. I fell into a similar trap by someone who I no longer speak to and he decided a 20+ year friendship was worth giving up so he could have my 94 z28.

You were completely correct. He is an idiot and you did the right thing.

I vote you get a trophy for best common sense and caring :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
269 Posts
96 in a 65 going to a car show, you've got to be kidding and his family as passengers, sounds like someone needs to grow-up and take responsibility for their actions, not your fault.

·
Banned
258 Posts
So you got banned from C5 for posting that? Was your former friend one if the mods or something? This is just plain goofy. I'm not surprised.

I was suspended without warning for a month for telling the truth about the poor performance of my RX SC kit and how Tracy Lewis was jerking me around. I was told to post my complaints in the Vendor Feedback section after I inquired about my suspension. Ok fine, so I did just that and was then permanently banned for life. They don't even follow their own protocol.

I guess you don't mess with C5's good ole boy network of free mods, handouts and other cool swag from their supporting Gold vendors. Meanwhile we drop thousands of dollars with their vendors and don't have a voice if something doesn't turn out right or worse yet get screwed over by their supporting vendors. Fat dumb and happy they are. That's typically the phase that a person or organization goes through right before total implosion and collapse.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was first suspended for 30 days last year cuz I told a guy, "the pressure on your head from your rectum must really suck cuz it sure interferes with your sense of humor."

The lastest post that started this thread got me banned cuz my former friend, HRD_WRK in the other forum, got his feelings hurt and got upset cuz "I never drive my Camaro that fast."

He goes on these little diatribes cuz "My family reads this forum so you can't post stuff like that or quote me or repost my drag racing pictures."

But yet he continues posting stuff and then deletes a few days later it cuz he doesn't want to get caught by his dad and rest of his family.

I also started the club Iowa Camaro Enthusiasts back in September of 2011. We were originally called the I5's. In January of 2012 I suggested a name change to include all Camaros.

I came up with the new logo, had t-shirts made, came up with the idea for business cards, etc.

The club was supposed to be decentralized, but most of the group in Cedar Rapids decided the road only goes one way... to them. Members outside of CR are sick of most of them, but only PWRMANPAUL66 and myself are the only ones who speak up.

Anyway, HRD_WRK, some of his CR buddies, and one traitor up in my area sent complaints about my post to TRANS-vestite and got me banned.

I sent TRANS-vestite a couple of PM's telling him, not so nicely, what I thought about his uneven hand, his forum, and to erase all my pictures and posts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
People come and go and so do clubs. Avoid the drama and those who cause it and you'll be in a lot better shape. I'd use some of my french to tell you where they can stick it but I think ignoring it would be even better.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Don't sweat it...you're either in or you're out there...and I know because I've been both...lol :D But once you think about it...did you really ever want to be part of that "in"?
True, true.

I started the Iowa Camaro Enthusiasts and the more I got to know certain members, the more I knew I didn't want to be around them.

Same with Camaro-Jive. The uneven hand by the moderators and TRANS-vestite's holier than thou attitude, glad I'm done with them.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
Seems pretty dumb, but it is what it is... Welcome aboard MC lol

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Here's the post that got me banned...

Envy said:
Okay...I can't help but laugh now! I went over to the "other" lounge and read a couple of posts and one of the ladies was talking about cutting her finger and bleeding so much she almost passed out.

I work with sharp scissors and moving animals every day so cutting myself is a common event. Two weeks ago I cut my entire knuckle almost completely off with the tip on my newly sharpened scissors so I quickly grabbed the super glue and glued myself back together...lol...then I slapped a bandaid on to keep the dog hair out and I kept on working. Next thing I know...I look down and there's blood everywhere...on the table, all over the dog I was working on and it was gushing out of my knuckle and running down my arm...so what did I do? I put a rubber band on my finger to stop the blood flow, washed it well which hurt like hell, then glued that SOB again, put on another bandaid and kept right on working. About two hours later I noticed my finger was hurting pretty bad...that's when I realized that it was dark purple because I never took the d*mn rubberband off...lol
I had never been banned on the site previously...although I had been warned by Tran to never speak to BowtieBelle again or I would be banned from the "Off Topic" forum...lol...but the girl I was referring to in my post was not Belle.

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
Whatsup brother Jason???

When's the JacFab name that intake contest? I keep checking the website.
Man you just missed it, it ended this last Friday. :( I announced it on here, and on Camaro5... Did weekly giveaways on Facebook during the duration of the contest too. It went on for a little over a month, I'm surprised you missed it. :(

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man you just missed it, it ended this last Friday. :( I announced it on here, and on Camaro5... Did weekly giveaways on Facebook during the duration of the contest too. It went on for a little over a month, I'm surprised you missed it. :(
That's what happens when you work 60+ hours a week.

Can I have a free intake anyway? LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts