Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had the resonator and mufflers cut out and flowmaster 40s added, and they welded back in pipe from the cats, but since then my camaro feels loose and the throttle doesnt seem to have the tight snappy feeling it did before. and the flowmasters have a sloppy air sound to them.

Will a X-pipe or H-pipe fix this ?? :confused:

also since the new exhaust i cant get over 20 mpg on the highway, before the exhaust i was getting 25 going from DFW area to Oklahoma city. and im getting ready to take the camaro on a 5k mile trip in august and i would like to fix the problem before i travel that far and use that much fuel.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I'm not informed enough to help with that but there are plenty of members here that are!

Love the color choice!:lol:

See you on the freeways!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
i recently had the resonator and mufflers cut out and flowmaster 40s added, and they welded back in pipe from the cats, but since then my camaro feels loose and the throttle doesnt seem to have the tight snappy feeling it did before. and the flowmasters have a sloppy air sound to them.

Will a X-pipe or H-pipe fix this ?? :confused:

also since the new exhaust i cant get over 20 mpg on the highway, before the exhaust i was getting 25 going from DFW area to Oklahoma city. and im getting ready to take the camaro on a 5k mile trip in august and i would like to fix the problem before i travel that far and use that much fuel.
See, I'm always skeptical when shops start talking about welding. Around my area they always do a sloppy job which ends up in the customer returning. In your case, if anything I think they should have just installed the axle-back or mufflers and left the rest alone. There are probably a few leaks in the welding which is making the engine run soo bad...

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
If it was mine, then I would first fill up with Shell V Power premium fuel then go home and do a fuse pull to reset the fuel tables that control the advance in the timing.Be sure to let it set for at least an hour, you will be amazed at how much better in response and pulling torque it will have.

If you have not heard of this just do a search on this forum site about fuse pull.
Be sure to do this before your trip out of state and buy nothing but top tier fuel along the way...premium!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have ORX no cats muffler delete and res delete plus tune and my
Mpg dropped about 5%. and that's only because I removed that cats after the tune
and the rear 02's are just tied up under the car.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
By no means am I an engineer or an expert, but you would have to have a LOT of leaks in your exhaust system for it to affect your performance. Not only that, but you would definitely hear it the minute you started it and the entire system is cold....

As for the X-Pipe; will it make a difference? Yes, that has been proven over and over on multiply test. Simply google it and you'll learn. Is it enough where you'll feel a difference? More than likely not....

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Could it be the problem where the noise causes the knock sensors to kick in? I'm no mechanic, but I remember something weird about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts