Discussion Starter #1

·
8,984 Posts
2000 hp.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am glad they are using the engine as we need to do something to offset the weight of the car! Some light bolt ons will wake that baby up!

We are already working with Kooks on the headers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
518 at the wheels with ported stock heads!!!!!??? Nice!!!

I guess if it was me, I would leave the heads alone and sacrifice the 36 hp. That really isn't a huge gain considering a CNC port-job. I am used to seeing 50-60 or 70 hp from CNC porting (I come from the old ford mustang era).

I remember the good old days of my 5.0 mustang and the E7TE heads, those asthmatic stock heads flowed something like 160 CFM (intake), I got myself a set of AFR 165s and thought 230 cfm was plenty for aftermarket heads.

Here we have a stock LS3 already flowing 300+ cfm :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
518 at the wheels with ported stock heads!!!!!??? Nice!!!

I guess if it was me, I would leave the heads alone and sacrifice the 36 hp. That really isn't a huge gain considering a CNC port-job. I am used to seeing 50-60 or 70 hp from CNC porting (I come from the old ford mustang era).

I remember the good old days of my 5.0 mustang and the E7TE heads, those asthmatic stock heads flowed something like 160 CFM (intake), I got myself a set of AFR 165s and thought 230 cfm was plenty for aftermarket heads.

Here we have a stock LS3 already flowing 300+ cfm :)
The dyno sheet doesn't really tell the whole story. The car on the street is amazingly faster with the addition of heads! Another example of where dyno numbers are not the tell all!

Howard

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Awesome article, Howard! I look forward to seeing the 5th gen Camaros surprising a lot of peeps on the streets after rolling out of your shop. I might have to take a road trip real soon to check out the facility and hopefully some open heart surgery on an LS3/L99!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
646 Posts
The dyno sheet doesn't really tell the whole story. The car on the street is amazingly faster with the addition of heads! Another example of where dyno numbers are not the tell all!

Howard
Absolutely true. Sometimes its how fast you make the power too. When on the street you have more of a true load.

I'm a forced induction guy, you want power, boost it! ;) add heads/cam and a forged block/fuel system, etc and then turn up the whick! :p

·
Registered
216 Posts
That is impressive, But Buddy Baker said it best. Speed=money. How fast do you wanna go?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts