Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car stored for the past couple of months due to Winter, but I received some new headers for xmas from the wife and I installed them this weekend. While I was checking for exhaust leaks I noticed a whinning noise coming from what I believe to be the power steering pump. When I turn the wheel slightly in either direction the noise stops. The question i'm hoping someone can help with is: Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Warranty? Then to the dealer it should go. Let them fix it.

FWIW, I had a whiny ps pump on the 06 GMC truck. Not real bad, but I knew it was there and didn't like it. Which GMC/Chevy trucks in that era was known for that issue. Drained out the fluid and replaced it with synthetic fluid and no more noise. Not saying this is what your issue is though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warranty? Then to the dealer it should go. Let them fix it.

FWIW, I had a whiny ps pump on the 06 GMC truck. Not real bad, but I knew it was there and didn't like it. Which GMC/Chevy trucks in that era was known for that issue. Drained out the fluid and replaced it with synthetic fluid and no more noise. Not saying this is what your issue is though...
I may try to replace the fluid to see if that works. If not, I'll bring it to the dealer.

thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Be careful doing your own corrective maintenance while the car is under warranty because if it IS a real problem, they could be azz monkeys about it and say since you mucked with it, it's no longer under warranty and you'll eat the costs. Just a thought.

If'n it were me, I'd take it directly to the dealer and let THEM document it, and tell me if it's an issue or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts