Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a post about M6 shifter noise, you mention that there is a TSB for gurgle noise in the glove box area. I took my car to the dealer for this a few weeks ago thinking that I had a vacuum leak. They stated that it was just a bad design in the Camaro and the HVAC lines were running right next to the firewall there and were not sound insulated. Thus, they did nothing and told me to live with it. Do you know the TSB number for this?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ask and ye shall receive...;)

TSB 09-01-37-001

It's just a valve they install in one of the heater hoses.

I'm not positive, but I think it's an issue with the fact that the heater hoses are installed over the motor (higher than the radiator)...causing air to get caught in the hoses.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

TSB 09-01-37-001

I'm not positive, but I think it's an issue with the fact that the heater hoses are installed over the motor (higher than the radiator)...causing air to get caught in the hoses.
How recent did this TSB come out? My dealer didn't say anything about it when I asked them to check during my oil change in late January.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
How recent did this TSB come out? My dealer didn't say anything about it when I asked them to check during my oil change in late January.
it was a while back...I don't think it applies to all vin's. If your car doesn't gurgle, no need to worry about it.;) Mine did when I first got it, but seemed to go away after a week.:confused:

·
Registered
746 Posts

TSB 09-01-37-001

Powerfreak, you are just the man of all knowledge!!! Mine does it, when I break it back out in the Spring, I'll get it fixed, does it once and a while, no biggy though....

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Thanks a million.:notworthy:

Off to the dealer I go...:gears:

-------
Paul

no problem...
good luck, let us know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts