Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kendall Chevrolet
Miami, Florida

They told me they would give me $500 BELOW MSRP three weeks ago4. When I called the salesman, he keeps on telling me I can't order yet because they don't have the info from GM yet about delivery dates. However he repeated I will get it below MSRP like he promised.. He calls e last week to go place the order so I go with my wife and give him the actual official MSRP. He goes and talks to his manager that day. He tells me they will get MSRP on Monday. On Monday they still don't have it and this goes on till Thursday. Friday morning I call and he says $500 below MSRP, they will honor for me...etc..go over there and wait for about an hour while the salesman talks to his manager again..

The manager comes out and tells me they will not honor what the salesman has been telling you the past three weeks.. :mad0259: :mad0259:
What the HELL!!!! What a bunch of lies from them and a wasted three weeks. The manager said they marked up the Z06 in the same way when it was released and is still marked up..
Now I'm not on the first production run even though I put my name on their list last year.. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALER AS THEY ARE CROOKS!!!!!! In Miami, Florida...

$5,000 OVER MSRP FOR LT ($2,000 for pre-order only)
$10,000 OVER MSRP FOR SS ($4,000 for pre-order only)

Who the bleep do they think they are?!?!?!

LOST MY BUSINESS NOW and Definately for LIFE!!! How in the HELL do you treat a GUARANTEED customer like that!!!!

BOOOO!:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

POOR POOR POOR POOR POOR:thumbdown:[/QUOTE]

Now please everyone do not go to this dealer in Miami, Florida for anything.. Oh and I forgot, $2,000 non refundable deposit..

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I swear, If I was a salesman, I would work harder to please the customer- not work harder to lie to the customer for an extra buck. I have a Grandfather who lives in FL who is looking at a Camaro. I'll spread the word, because that is just outrageous!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Welcome to the lovely HELL we call florida. around here everyone is out for themselves there is no "love thy neighbor" attitude anymore. hvae you tried going to Phil smith or dare i even think it Maroone?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that sucks...seems there's a lot of crappy dealers in Florida.

I'd keep calling/emailing around...plenty of dealers should still have allocation...even if you have to order from an out of state dealer. There's about 3900 dealers nationwide...and last count they had orders for 5000 cars.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
You can get a flight to Milwaukee from Miami for less than 300 bucks. Work a deal with Scotty here then fly up and drive it home for less!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
When we attended the Indy Bash this summer, the GM representatives that were there told us that GM wants to BEAT the Mustang in sales. The ONLY way that will happen is if they sell the car for MSRP or less from the beginning. GM dealers do not have to do this and any dealer that is charging over the MSRP will probably not sell very many Camaros. This car is NOT a limited production vehicle. They will be harder to get at the very beginning though, as it takes a while to build and ship out the vehicles. Production line speeds are not as fast on a new product start up so that the quality can be scrutinized very carefully. A top quality product is worth waiting for. So, if you want to save money when you purchase your new Camaro, have a little patience. I am a GM employee in Missouri. I am waiting for my car until my dealer will give me the employee price, EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!! Dealers will give the lower prices sooner if GM wants to BEAT the Mustang. DON'T PAY OVER STICKER PRICE!!! Shop around.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tell them that they will be added to a dealers "BLACKBALL LIST" on the internet. Theres not one I know of but it might make them think about it.
Feed them full of BS like they did you.

And another thing, tell them you can get one from another dealer in another state and they will ship it to you and you will still be paying $1,000's less then what they are asking. They are playing mind games with you , you can play them too.

Good Luck.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
*******.com has a list of dealers marking up and a list of dealers charging MSRP....might want to check them out (and add those morons to the list).

·
Registered
97 Posts
They will close their doors far before GM will close! Look at the Bill Heard group, they were perfect examples. And it's dealers like them that give us bad names!!!:mad:

I agree. Their home office is here. or should I say WAS here. Now there is nothing here. Lot full of cars just getting dirty. But all the vettes are gone off the lot now. They had 12 sitting on the lot the weekend before they closed.

·
8,984 Posts
ttt for BAD dealerships!

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats why I'm driving from NJ to Texas (Classic Chevrolet) for mine

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
thats why I'm driving from NJ to Texas (Classic Chevrolet) for mine
Yup. I will be contacting Classic too, once the convertibles are ready to order.

·
Registered
349 Posts
5,000 + want to try and that's a great start to the game!:D
I agree, but we can't asume that all 5,000 got MSRP guaranteed in writing? I'm betting only a handful got it. Mostly the ones that have been following this on the internet for the last two years. Some probably were told they could have it for MSRP, but never got it in writing. They will have a shock when it arrives next year.

Sean

1 - 20 of 75 Posts