Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
95 T/A 71k mi VS 02 Z28 35th 88K mi

With my recent graduation from college and into a world where applying at burgerking is like trying to get into a fortune 500 company for a desk job I've decided to do the right thing and hold off on a Camaro. However; I still want that V8 summer fun on a budget and have found two cars that may fit the bill. I will get a Camaro someday; just not now because it's not in the cards unfortunately.

Here are our contenders.

1995 Highland Green Metallic A4 Trans Am "loaded package". 71,300 mi

Dealership wanted 6200 otd.

-5 Owner, 3 of which were dealers.
-Came from Canada in '99 and is not a Canadian Trans Am, but in fact a ADM spec model.
-Last owner put 35K miles within the last 5 or so years
-Almost cherry (blemishes and a bit of rear bumper sag but no bumper blemishes or touch up evidence
-Power everything.
-Barely a wrinkle in the leather
-"Hot Rod" button.
-LT1, all original.
-Hard top
-Coolant light came on during test drive.. :/

2002 Black 35th Anniversary Camaro Z/28 w/ T-Tops 88,590mi,

Dealership and I didn't initiate negotiations. Car is tagged at 8,995 without tax and title.

- Genuine 2002 35th
- 2 owner
- Original LS1, untouched.
- Stock rims replaced with what I'm assuming are fork C5 rims
- Similar exterior condition to the T/A.
- Relatively clean interior; cloth w/ power drivers seat (No tears but I'd get them re-cushioned and cleaned up a bit for show)
- Texas bought and owned
- Sold/traded it in 2008 in Adrian, Mi with 80,950 miles.
- 2nd owner owned 5 months before trading it in at 88,500mi

Trans felt a tad jumpy during warm up but no lag, sluggishness, or grinding. I think it may have been from sitting for weeks in 30F weather in the open.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
check nadaguides.com and kbb.com

negotiate with them...

kbb puts private party value at $5300 and suggested retail at $6825. so print out the private party value from kbb and go in their and haggle them down until you meet in the middle! bada bing, bada boom!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ha-ha..

:D

True answer is that the nearest clean LS1 in the area had something approaching 200Kmi and was a 98. Every other car was around 10K for 75K miles or had a rebuilt title.

But seriously. I don't mind waiting if this car turns out to be the one. It's a good cruiser and bruiser that after driving it today looks like they had just overpriced it to begin with and I might get it down to a range where I can keep both the truck and this T/A.

Which is actually a good thing since we can retire the incontinent Monte. It's all up to if they find a buyer before I can finalize.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
You sure are desperate! I would wait it out, but hey, you've obviously got your mind set on having something right now (in the winter when you can't drive it).

At the very least, pick up a LT1 Camaro if you insist. Then you can say you have a Camaro.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You sure are desperate! I would wait it out, but hey, you've obviously got your mind set on having something right now (in the winter when you can't drive it).

At the very least, pick up a LT1 Camaro if you insist. Then you can say you have a Camaro.
Hey, you never know. It could be sold within the week and I could be stuck in the winds and go back to the drawing board.

It's kind of hard when you've been bitten by the F Body bug and never owned one. Then when you had a chance to get one (like I did in '05 with the purchase of the 'plorer) you get over-ruled "for practicality reasons" by the powers that be due to not having enough cash to do it yourself.

For the record: Since when has winter stopped anyone from driving an F-body? :p

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Take it frome me and everybody else....wait!

I splurged on my GTA and it was a huge POS. It seemed like a great deal but I kick myself in the ass everyday about it.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
check nadaguides.com and kbb.com

negotiate with them...

kbb puts private party value at $5300 and suggested retail at $6825. so print out the private party value from kbb and go in their and haggle them down until you meet in the middle! bada bing, bada boom!
I just went to KBB.com, if this car is a 1995 Trans Am, Auto, Loaded, 71K miles comes out as $5325 in Excellent condition. Sounds like this car is a bit over priced.

If it's what you WANT and can afford it. Pull the trigger :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Probably right. Though at this point jobs for new grads are hard to come by. If you don't have one now, you won't have one until people are willing to hire again.

It's why I've been unemployed for over 17 months. And it's also contributing to the anxiety and desperation. I'm going to do the same thing I did to the 88 WS6; walk away and continue to raeg internally. :twak:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Probably right. Though at this point jobs for new grads are hard to come by. If you don't have one now, you won't have one until people are willing to hire again.

It's why I've been unemployed for over 17 months. And it's also contributing to the anxiety and desperation. I'm going to do the same thing I did to the 88 WS6; walk away and continue to raeg internally. :twak:
Part of the problem is where you live. Open up your search to busier metro areas.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

I hear you. I've been out of work for 13 months myself. Looking for full time work, Been busy getting my own consulting business rolling, off to a good start. Also working part time in the evenings as well. Hustling for sure :cool:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hear you. I've been out of work for 13 months myself. Looking for full time work, Been busy getting my own consulting business rolling, off to a good start. Also working part time in the evenings as well. Hustling for sure :cool:
That's what I'm looking to do. Two jobs just to get some cash flow.

As for other metro areas; I just can't foot the bill of living alone. I have 500/mo loan payments as of July and at that point I'm looking at needing a job that pays 30K a year and not even in my field.

Tried it in college, and it killed us; bad.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
That's what I'm looking to do. Two jobs just to get some cash flow.

As for other metro areas; I just can't foot the bill of living alone. I have 500/mo loan payments as of July and at that point I'm looking at needing a job that pays 30K a year and not even in my field.

Tried it in college, and it killed us; bad.
You're having a hard time finding a $30k/year job? WTF -- that's nothing for a college graduate. What field are you in? Did you go to some place ITT tech or Devry that's not accredited?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're having a hard time finding a $30k/year job? WTF -- that's nothing for a college graduate. What field are you in? Did you go to some place ITT tech or Devry that's not accredited?
Aviation maintenance technology; FAA licensed Mechanic for aircraft. 3 years or so ago it was smooth sailing due to the internships all over the place; but thanks to the recent downturn in the economy people are just afraid to invest and spend still and as such it's killing hiring practices in the industry.

Even the company that would literally hand us internships like Hershey bars said no for the past two years because they were losing money. Only reason I couldn't take an internship was because I hadn't taken the classes to apply for them.

So in the end I just got shafted by graduating at the wrong time with no college job due to being let go for money reasons.

Oh, and I attended Western Michigan University's College of Aviation. Probably the number 3 school in the nation for Aviation behind Emery-Riddle and it's branch school in Daytona, Florida.

4 year BS in Aviation and a minor in general business.

So.. yeah. Now you know why I'm panicky all the time.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Be happy you dont live here in NYC.. Its ALOT worse.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts