Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who thinks that the camaro will be priced around the mustang should go to motortrend and read the article by oppenheiser..he clearly states that they went upmarket in content and price when they came up with the design and execution of the 2010 version.

it was clear to me, simply from the drivetrain and suspension, that the price would be significantly higher than the mustang; and that was before reading it from the source.

the only real question as i've stated before, is the quality of the construction and especially the interior materials; they must be high grade vinyl and decent seam gaps with quality knobs and levers. if they get that aspect of the car right, the car will sell itself.

jackg
06 sts6

ps: this ain't no stinkin' drag strip car!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
and its all still speculation until GM releases the pricing. I have no worries on build quality go look at any new GM on the lots, they're greaaaat!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Oppenheiser does not say that Camaro will be priced much higher.

He says they targeted vehicles much higher in price than normally found in this class.
Meaning - they set the bar much higher than what you would normally find in cars like this.

And it's true too - just wait until you can drive one! :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm glad that the camaro's content is head and shoulders above the mustang, i have no problem paying more for the irs, the di 3.6 and the 6 speed trannys.
i'm just saying that it's clear to me that anyone who thinks the camaro will be competitive with the mustang re pricing, is not thinking clearly: there's no way with the content that the camaro will have, it will come in near the mustang, if gm does that, then they have to cut corners somewhere and the likely candidate is the interior. that's why i mentioned it.

i think gm will get it right this time and go with quality..

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went back and looked at the article, oppenheiser said they challenged themselves to go upscale in pricing and performance....that's pretty clear to me, re the price point relative to the mustgang...

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sadly, he worded it very badly is all that's going on here. What he was saying, as Octane has said, they're targeting cars that cost more than the Mustang\Chally\Camaro, with the quality and horsepower of the vehicle. He means they are going after vehicles with a higher sticker price. Not that they are raising the Camaro sticker price above those cars.

·
8,984 Posts
Anybody have a good guess as to when pricing will be released?

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
You know I'm sending as many peeps your way as possible, Scotty!;)
Now, if Chevy could set me up with 200 allocations for the first round, I would be a happy man. I mean, I share the Camaro love, WE share the Camaro love, now if the allocation dept could SHARE THE CAMARO LOVE!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
sounds like a great opportunity for a contest - closest to the correct price without going over wins a prize.. (new Camaro??):D

I will start -

Camaro SS BASE MSRP will be $30,325.00

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay...i was going to post prices in one of my responses but thought better of it; but seeing that this is obviously utmost on folks' minds, i'll give my geusstimation on prices: first off, i take the position that the lt will be the mainstay of sales, the v8 will be dead on arrival re sales (except for die hards like the folks on this board, god love em') and consdering the base motor is putting out 300hp i peg the base price at around the same base as the mustang gt premium (v8) which would put it around 26/27k. with some basic options/option groups such as leather, heated front seats, power passenger seat, automatic,...it would go out the door for 30k.

i don't think that gm will have any problem selling the cars at that price point, just as long as the product meets the hype that's been said about the quality of the fit and finish and the quality of the interior components.

there was a great special on cnbc wed night about gm..one of the people they interviewed was herhly (sp?) and he made the point that if the quality isn't there when they release the camaro, they're in big troble (my words, not his, but the message is the same). based on my sts and what i've read re the 08 cts, i think gm will deliver...my only concern is that the down market cars won't get that attention to detail like the caddys...have you sat in and driven an hhr? absolutely abysmal...that was a reality check for me re gm's inproved quality. remember, both the hhr and camaro are chevys...lets hope and pray that gm gets it right with the camaro.

jackg
06 sts6

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
sounds like a great opportunity for a contest - closest to the correct price without going over wins a prize.. (new Camaro??):D

I will start -

That's not good contest parameter. If you say closest without going over, people will guess lower than what they normally would, just in case. It would be more appropriate to do closest overall.

Are you going to offer a Camaro as a prize? :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
28,955 for the 1SS

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts

I will start -

That's not good contest parameter. If you say closest without going over, people will guess lower than what they normally would, just in case. It would be more appropriate to do closest overall.

Are you going to offer a Camaro as a prize? :D
Okay, I'll play...........$30,326!

·
Registered
199 Posts
hahaha you got jokes!! I knew someone would do that. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts