Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
no so many pricks on this site imo... lol... now i can point you towards some sites that are 100% prick infested lol... i rather stay here.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think we have a really great core group. And a bunch of the new guys seem pretty cool as well. Is there anything in particular that stood out? I mean besides the comment in the "Sonic Bastid" thread (which was quickly addressed by several of us) I think we've had some great exchanges with each other...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we have a really great core group. And a bunch of the new guys seem pretty cool as well. Is there anything in particular that stood out? I mean besides the comment in the "Sonic Bastid" thread (which was quickly addressed by several of us) I think we've had some great exchanges with each other...
The v8 discussion thread. And when people ask how to do stuff tbey get people that don't help, only *****

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I'll agree with Chapel for the most part, the new group seems pretty good. I sure wish I could contribute more on car mechanics, but I'm not a mechanic and its been 30 years since I have worked on a car. Hopefully over time I'll learn something and start to contribute in that direction. Until then, I'll be asking questions, sorry.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
lol I remember that thread.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Ah yes...I know the thread the OP is referring to here...the "Difference between the 1SS and the 2SS models" thread...but I had no idea that that trainwreck had come back to life...lol [URL="[/URL]

I can't deny that the thread in question got a bit out of hand with some name calling that was not necessary...but no one complained at the time so the thread continued unedited because I thought that was what people wanted on this site. We could easily do the C5 thing here and close every thread that sparked a lively discussion...but then what kinda site would we have?

The thread in question died 3 months ago...as it should have...since the OP's questions had all been answered...until recently when a newcomer posted on it. As I've said before...questionable posts made by ANY member should reflect only on that member and not on the site itself. There's no reason that any Camaro owner should look down on (or post negatively about) any other Camaro owner because it takes all kinds to make the world go round OR KEEP A SITE ACTIVE!

Personally...I'm a V6 owner...the scum of the Camaro world according to some...but I don't care what other people think about my personal choices. I had my reasons for buying what I did...just as every Camaro owner does. Everyone's reasons are different and should be RESPECTED...not ridiculed. I think in general...we're all adults here and we're all tough enough to take a little crap when it flies our way...and if not...there is another Camaro site where everyone gets along living in a fantasy land...but the list of banned members is long and a good share of the posts are smiley faces...lol...and I don't think anyone wants to see MC become that kinda site.

IMO starting a thread based upon a discussion that occurred 3 months ago and labeling this site (or it's contributors) by the comments made in that thread isn't any more constructive then the comments made in the thread itself. So please...if someone doesn't like what's being said in a thread...then report it and it will be dealt with.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I'll agree with Chapel for the most part, the new group seems pretty good. I sure wish I could contribute more on car mechanics, but I'm not a mechanic and its been 30 years since I have worked on a car. Hopefully over time I'll learn something and start to contribute in that direction. Until then, I'll be asking questions, sorry.
Please don't EVER hesitate to ask questions here...that's why most of us are here...to help out the new Camaro owners...just like the original crowd on this site helped us when we purchased our Camaros. There's NO REASON to apologize for asking questions!! When I bought my Camaro three years ago...I relied on others to help me through the process of modding my car because I knew NOTHING and I hadn't worked on a car in over 30 years myself. But I wanted to learn...and learn I did...so I stay here to payback for all the help I received. I may not always be right...but I am ALWAYS willing to do my best to answer questions to best of my ability.

But I'll be the first person to admit that some of the "help" I received in the beginning was mean-spirited and painful...with most of my original threads being train wrecks too...with a lot of arguing and fighting about what some considered to be tasteless mods...even my MOTM thread. But I've never been thin-skinned...nor do I let others ruin the things I enjoy. I've always believed in that which does not kill me will make me stronger and ModernCamaro made me one tough cookie...lol...and for that I'll always be grateful!!! :5go:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please don't EVER hesitate to ask questions here...that's why most of us are here...to help out the new Camaro owners...just like the original crowd on this site helped us when we purchased our Camaros. There's NO REASON to apologize for asking questions!! When I bought my Camaro three years ago...I relied on others to help me through the process of modding my car because I knew NOTHING and I hadn't worked on a car in over 30 years myself. But I wanted to learn...and learn I did...so I stay here to payback for all the help I received. I may not always be right...but I am ALWAYS willing to do my best to answer questions to best of my ability.

But I'll be the first person to admit that some of the "help" I received in the beginning was mean-spirited and painful...with most of my original threads being train wrecks too...with a lot of arguing and fighting about what some considered to be tasteless mods...even my MOTM thread. But I've never been thin-skinned...nor do I let others ruin the things I enjoy. I've always believed in that which does not kill me will make me stronger and ModernCamaro made me one tough cookie...lol...and for that I'll always be grateful!!! :5go:
I see what you mean. I just shouldn't expect too much. Not just this forum, it just seems like Camaro owners don't wave (say hi, acknowledge you except to try to race you) at each other, always trying to say their car is better, i guess i just wish the camaro owners were tighter. But, you can wish in one hand and **** in the other..Im just glad i can be an Ahole back and not get banned!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I have found that if I swerve towards them I most always get a little wave. And sometimes even with two hands. Well it's kind of weird though, sometimes they only wave with 1 of their fingers on both hands. :confused:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I see what you mean. I just shouldn't expect too much. Not just this forum, it just seems like Camaro owners don't wave (say hi, acknowledge you except to try to race you) at each other, always trying to say their car is better, i guess i just wish the camaro owners were tighter. But, you can wish in one hand and **** in the other..Im just glad i can be an Ahole back and not get banned!
i get the wave all the time.. zl1's ss. rs. ls. lt.. all of them are my friends on the road.. :cool:

·
Banned
127 Posts
Am i noticing a lot more pricks on this forum or maybe i am just being a prick myself? :confused:
I've been an ahol before and I'm sure I'll be an ******* again. The same as everyone else (I hope). We are all nice when we start.

Just so we stay below ~2% we'll be okay. Sometimes I count the days and don't post. Maybe it has something to do with the phase of the moon (FULL ON THE 22ND). Shoot, Caps Lock...

Meanwhile I hope I help.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts