Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Oh how I want to build one.

I have been seriously considering not getting a 2009, and building a Hot Rod instead.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'd have to get one of those new bodies an do that too it if I were to make one. Theres just something about seeing a big fat low profile tire in the back of those suckers. Drool................ Dammit why can't I hit the lottery :BangHead: .

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I'd love one as well. Here are some pics I snapped from the '06 PowerTour

This silver one was just plain bad ass

I think we all recognize this one:

·
8,984 Posts
mmmmm turbos...

·
Registered
83 Posts
i know this thread is old but i just bought a 72 camaro and i plan on building a pro-touring car.
here is a rendering of what it will look like when finished.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm currently building one, itb zr-1 dohc motor, flared rear fenders, custom grill, and front lower spoiler..... going to be sorta trans am series styled..but of course its only in 1/25th scale.....I will say though, this kit gave me my love for Camaros

I haven't worked on it in a while..I went a little overboard with it, and its currently being rethunk a little to more of what I originally intended..

Oh and Detroit Speed does some great work...also they are about 30 minutes from me!(though i've yet to go to their shop)

Gray

·
Registered
523 Posts
i had mine pro touring style w/ 8.5" wide cragar ss wheels w/10" wide tires front and back but went back to the drag look ,i love the front runner style wheels and they are much lighter,less wear on front wheel bearings.
(not to mention dropped my 1/4 mile times too.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 69 that I finished last winter

Fat Man frt clip with Air Ride Tech suspension front & rear. LS 1 w/ 4L60E trans, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 gear. Vintage air, white leather interior. Runs & drives great plus gets 24 mpg.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts