Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. I have 89 Camaro RS. I have have problem. When I put the car D or R it shuts off. Also when I get to a light it shuts off the only way I can keep running it’s stepping on the gas all the time. I did a full tune up , check all the valve for any lose pressure clean carburetor with injections change the air control valve and nothing. Please help me. Thanks Cesar.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Need help. I have 89 Camaro RS. I have have problem. When I put the car D or R it shuts off. Also when I get to a light it shuts off the only way I can keep running it’s stepping on the gas all the time. I did a full tune up , check all the valve for any lose pressure clean carburetor with injections change the air control valve and nothing. Please help me. Thanks Cesar.
Cesar
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Low rpm during idle is when a vacuum leak shows ill effects. Also a bad MAF sensor will do he same thing
What engine do you have?
JW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you We fix it. Last thing we charge was a sensor in transmission and ignition. It’s working nice and smooth. Cesar

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Thank you We fix it. Last thing we charge was a sensor in transmission and ignition. It’s working nice and smooth. Cesar
That's great! Glad to hear that.
Thanks for being here in the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts