Modern Camaro Forums banner

Problem with heated seat

23K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Nobody 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2010 Camaro with heated seats. The problem that I am having is that the drivers side heated seat will come on, but will only stay on for about a minute or so. The passenger side heater seems to be working just fine. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Would like to try and save some money before I have to take it to a dealer or any reputable garage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I have the exact problem took to dealership last year to get fixed ( i think it was the heating element) but now its doing same thing...guess i will have to take it in again sad thing is its out of warranty now :(

#6 ·
Hello Eric.S,

Sorry you're having an issue with your heated seat. Have you considered taking your vehicle in to see a dealer? If so, I'd be happy to help set that up for you. I would just need some information from you to do so which you can private message to me. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#8 ·
I am sure it is the heating element... They are only about 100.00 for the part, and if you are mechanically inclined at all, they are not bad to install yourself. Take prolly hour and a half to put it in. I could even send you the instructions on how to install if you decide for sure you are going to do it.
Bill

#12 ·
Eric, sorry to hear about your seat. The heated seats are one of the options I love the most on my 2010. It is the first car I have owned with heated seats, when my back hurts I love to crank it up and ahhhhh, even on a hot day just turn up the A/C. I have not encountered this problem and my 2010 has just over 30k on it but I appreciate you posting your issue here so if I do have a problem I already have an idea as to what it might be. Hope you get your problem solved once and for all.

#16 ·
They are just little wire elements.. if you get it fixed, keep that in mind everytime you plop down in the seat.. lots of plopping in to the seat I think, in my own opinion, is the cause of the wires breaking, which causes an open in the circuit, which is why they don't work..

#21 ·
SAME thing here in my 2010
passenger side works fine, but when i turn on the drivers side...the green light goes off after about 45 seconds to a minute....never heats up.
IM NOT taking it to the shop..i figured this might be something i can fix myself if only i knew what it was. id hate to by a heating element and that not be the prob..
hummmm....oh well i live in TEXAS i think i can manage 3 months of cold weather a year

#22 ·
my son's sunroof was left open in the rain and the seat shorted out ... I'm sure no one here has done that but he got a junk yard seat to replace it for $100 ... of course he is a Hyundai and not a Camaro and I'm sure there are a lot more of those in the junkyard ... just saying

#23 ·
I read this thread awhile ago and it made me cringe, I live in Oregon and it is cold here most months out of the year. I thank my lucky stars every time I turn on my seat and it gets toasty warm. I don't want to ever own a car without heated seats again. I hope you fix is inexpensive and easy to repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.