Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, has anyone heard about a kit being developed for our cars yet? I'm new to Chevy modding, and want to do a relatively bolt on addition to the motor when it arrives, WITHOUT getting into engine internals. The Procharger kit for the 08 LS3 vette looked pretty hot with it's claims of up to a reliable 615 crank HP running 6 PSI on a stock motor when coupled with fuel pump, injectors, intercooler and tune. And @ 6.8K and a straight forward install, it looked like a good buy. Any thoughts guys and gals?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
prochargers are sick....I'm sure a kit will be developed...it's probably not that different from the 'vette's kit (or the G8's kit).

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is def something I hope to hear about.

Just out of curiosity what effects will a supercharger have on your engine as far as wear and tear???

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
This is def something I hope to hear about.

Just out of curiosity what effects will a supercharger have on your engine as far as wear and tear???
on a stock motor, as long as you have a good tune and conservative boost (and take care of your car)...all should be fine...you just have to understand with increased power (not to mention a heavy foot)...things do break, nothing lasts forever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
On my LS2 vette I was putting out 580rwhp with a P1 Procharger at 8 lbs of boost with methanal and full exhaust (LTs, catback). Also had KB boost a pump and 60lb injectors. Car ran like stock and tune was conservative. I expect the LS3 to put out a little more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll donate my car if anyone wants to fab up a Procharger kit on it:D

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm fairly certain a kit is already developed. All they really gotta do is fab up the bracket, to mount it, the rest is intercooler and charge pipes, crank pulley and stuff.

The vette's were making 600 rwhp on stock blocks.

I'd push it with a D1 and add meth and see if I can 650-700. I know it'll be a ticking time bomb but it'll be fun while it lasts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts