Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Looks great, I can hardly wait to own it. I do agree with demonspeed though, I wish they had gotten rid of the scoop, its really going to limit the amount of good looking after market hoods.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I'm sure GM wont have that Hood on a V6 and im sure not every V8 will push that hood.

Aftermarket and different looks to car has to be in there somewhere.

:patriot: to the pics above !!!!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm sure GM wont have that Hood on a V6 and im sure not every V8 will push that hood.

Aftermarket and different looks to car has to be in there somewhere.

:patriot: to the pics above !!!!
Maybe... Maybe not. The Challenger has the same twin scoop hood on all models. We have less than 2 weeks...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
:drool:

The tail lights are still European spec (and Aussie spec) and the weird reverse lights are still in the middle of nowhere. I really wish the reverse lights were put down by the exhausts. That would be cool, but probably against regulations, too.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
:drool:
I really wish the reverse lights were put down by the exhausts. That would be cool, but probably against regulations, too.

I dont see why that would be against regulations....... On the 69 Rally Sport they were below the bumper right above the exhaust tips.

I'm just hoping when I order mine and it arrives at the dealership there isnt one of those ugly A$$ license plate holders on the front. I know its a law here but Here in Texas we find other ways to have a license plate visable.
Hopefully thats something the owner can put on the vehicle or maybe something the dealer does so I can ask for it not to be put on.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I had to do it. tinted the turn signals and removed amber. and through in the kitt scanner and removed plate bracket.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I will kill my local dealer if the Camaro I buy has one of those things on it. Anyways; Jinx; think you could throw a red stripe on that, some American Racing Rebel XT's, and make the bowtie red? :p

·
Registered
318 Posts
The blacked out look is absolutely bad a--...

I would just like to add some brembos and a sun roof. I do like the blacked out bow tie, but i kinda like the Gold tie as well. I really....really do wish I could get the halos for head lamps and afterburners for the rear. Add just those few things and I would be in heaven. I could care less about the reverse lights at that point.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I agree.. I'm pretty sure Chevrolet Racing will have those after-market. The halo's are confirmed, aren't they? Either way, I imagine they'll be available sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm in no way a car guy in the way some of you are, so I really don't understand why the scoop just screams out at you like it does. As a regular car owner, I like it. Now, the only thing that I don't like (and does make it look cheap) is the front plate holder. I unfortunatly live in a state where it is required but I plan on not doing it. I'll test it first to see how many time I get pulled over for not having it, but until that happens, it's off. Camaro Scotty, if I buy one form you, can you arrange for it to stay off from the manufacture, or are the preinstalled if they are going to states that require them? Are these usually put on at the dealer?

Oh, and personaly, I am looking forward to a gold bowtie :)

Sean

·
Registered
897 Posts
I know the license plate holder looks ugly, but in places like Washington where I live its the law to have it, we just can't get the law passed to get rid of them which sucks. I'm not worried about little things like the headlights and bow-tie (although I think an old school blue one would be pretty bad a$$), but most people are going to want to do there own thing anyways and that stuff isn't too expensive aftermarket. The scoop, on the other hand, still bugs me, I don't think it looks cheap, it just limits customization. If the V6 version doesn't have the scoop, that would mean that I would have to get a front end from one of them because the scoop isn't built into the hood, its in the fascia and a new hood, likely paint will be involved and it could get alot more expensive. And who knows if the fascia of the base V6 will look as good as that of the SS or Z28.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The front plate holders are not installed at the factory. The dealership installs them during PDI. Just tell your salesman to NOT have it installed. Make sure you reiterate it contiuously that you will not purchase the car if it is installed.

As for the reverse lights - the Corvette has the lights in the bottom on the rear fascia by the exhaust. It's not illegal to have it there. Mini Coopers have a single reverse light in the center of their rear bumpers as well. Whomever thought it was a good idea to slap those reverse lights in the middle of the rear bumper on the Camaro really must not have had any time at all to think of another location.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Glad I don't live in a state where the plate is required. Anyone else notice from the side pics that that car has more swirls in the paint than a 5 year old car? Can't believe they have some monkey improperly handwashing it all the time to be that bad to see it from a distance. They need to hire me to etail them :lol:. There would not be any swirls.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I think even if the "scoop" is present from the factory, I'm sure there will be SOME place that makes aftermarket header panels without the scoop. Or if there's another option level of the car that doesn't use the scoop, simply buy that header panel, paint and install.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Apparently fbodfather made some reference on camaro5 that this was still and IVER vehicle and vaguely hinted to not jump to conclusions on the grill...and EVEN the headlights ...halos maybe as an option?

Basically it sounded as though he was implying this is still not the production vehicle and is still very pre-pro, but obviously much closer to production the previous iver shots...I will try to find some direct quotes.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.