Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Dammit, THEY DIDN'T KEEP THE TAILLIGHTS.
I figured they'd go the cheaper route and have giant plastic taillights instead of the fricking awesome looking ones on the concept.

I hope the amber rear turnsignals are still there, otherwise I will be highly saddened. :(

Is that the V8? It doesn't say the designation on the rear and can only see one of the exhaust tips.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmm, I'd guess that would be the K-Pow color.....I like it...

and so far and the tails go..I like those better, the concept ones looked a little too Altezza/ricer-ish to me....

but all in all, I really like it..

edit
No, this is the V6 model.
Perhaps the G8 GT has different tail lights? Maybe wishful thinking. :(
if thats the V-6 model then man...thats great! looks just as good as the v8 model to me...

heres some pics borrowed from Popular Mechanics of a Pontiac G8 front/ Chevy Lumina rear badged car..notice the hood.....

and just remember guys, this time next year hopefully we'll be seeing all sorts of spy shots of the Camaro...

Gray

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
It looks very close to the red one. the tail lamps are still the same shape looks like just a different lense.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
GM has been taking their time on getting the G8 to the US and figuring out what the final design will look like.
No, it actually takes a long time to design a car that doesn't fall apart and doesn't feel like a badly made American car. G8 is developed in a very short time!

As for the tail lamps - Take a look at the current production lamps on a Holden Commodore SS, SV6 and SSV .. you'll see that the 'concept' tail lights are actually regular production SSV tail lamps!

Regular Production Holden Commodore SSV Tail lamp:

Regular Production Holden Commodore SS & SV6 Tail lamp:

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Im glad they put red lights on it. I dont care for the APC rice light look that every **** auto maker feels compelled to adopt. I like the red lenses, its seems more refined to me.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
No, it actually takes a long time to design a car that doesn't fall apart and doesn't feel like a badly made American car. G8 is developed in a very short time!
Yes, This is just a North American version of a car that is already in production. If the car was properly pushed along with the Holden there SHOULD NOT of been such a long delay with the launch. There is going to be a 2 year gap between the platform launch and the NA version.

SH!T, I have a car plant about a mile from my home going up. It will take about 2 years to build the factory, tool, train and start rolling off cars. All we needed Holden to do was tool the line. If GM didn't drop the ball on the design phase. I think they did.

I already covered this on another board. I used to work for a global supplier for auto manufacturers. GM was and is still extremely slow designing and bringing new products when compared to some other auto companies. Why can these 'other' companies launch new models and have NA models ready to go in a short time while GM takes 2 years longer? ANSWER: GM IS SLOWer in ramping up launches when compared to other manufacturers.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Yes, This is just a North American version of a car that is already in production. If the car was properly pushed along with the Holden there SHOULD NOT of been such a long delay with the launch. There is going to be a 2 year gap between the platform launch and the NA version.

SH!T, I have a car plant about a mile from my home going up. It will take about 2 years to build the factory, tool, train and start rolling off cars. All we needed Holden to do was tool the line. If GM didn't drop the ball on the design phase. I think they did.

I already covered this on another board. I used to work for a global supplier for auto manufacturers. GM was and is still extremely slow designing and bringing new products when compared to some other auto companies. Why can these 'other' companies launch new models and have NA models ready to go in a short time while GM takes 2 years longer? ANSWER: GM IS SLOWer in ramping up launches when compared to other manufacturers.
Perhaps...but their **** is so much nicer. :D
I don't mind waiting for something better.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I was talking about European and Asian manufacturers mostly. If it's a good design that will sell in North America then BAM! they already knew what they were doing and the cars are on their way.

Why wait? when if GM had their sh*t in order we wouldn't have to wait. If NA has the toughest requirements then all platforms should meet NA standards and be 'dumbed down' if not needed, not the other way around.

If GM knew that the GTO wouldn't meet 07 requirements why couldn't the year or so before the release plus 3 year run be used to get a NA Holden VE model ready to go right along with the Australian launch?

I'm just asking questions and not leg humping. I may stand out here, but I'm not alone in seeing the mistakes that have been made. This goes back to the extremely long release for the Camaro as well. GM needs to be more aggressive in releasing new cars to reclaim market share.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
They may be slow, but as I said before, I don't mind waiting for something that is going to be mind-blowingly awesome. I would rather wait for something awesome then get something out right now that is still using today's technology instead of tomorrow's and it's watered down and not nearly as awesome as it is going to be.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
OK......

What about a GXP G8? If it's not released immediately when the G8 finally gets here aren't we getting a watered down version using yesterday's technology, not tomorrow's that is not nearly as awesome as it should be?

The VE prototypes were built in 03. Now with the Camaro, can't we connect quality with skill and knowledge and NOT in length of time? If the designers are smart,educated, and motivated could we start seeing new designs at a much faster pace?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts