Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday morning, March 16, the first regular retail production Camaro will be driven off the line by
Chevrolet dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick. Rick Hendrick purchased this unit through the
recent Barrett-Jackson Auction for $350,000. All proceeds from his purchase went to benefits the
American Heart Association in their fight against heart disease and stroke.

Customers interested in being part of Camaro history have until this Sunday, March 15, 2009, to order a
2010 Camaro under the Early Ordering Activity. Customers who submit their order under this activity
receive a Camaro Welcome Kit, and a special factory processing option code (R6P) that will appear on
their window label and invoice. Sold orders received after this date will be considered part of the
normal ordering process and will not receive the special option code or welcome kit.

Although production starts on Monday, March 16, the actual shipping of units from Oshawa will not
commence for another week to ten days. A notice will be sent to all dealers when Camaro shipping
commences.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ok, so, a week to ten days for "begin shipment" so, what comments, CamaroScotty do you have for "how long to....say....the Indiana Region for "delivery" to dealer from shipment???? I realize this may be a little far-fetched of a question but you seem to have many, many answers and info. I've refrained from calling your business probably a hundred times already haha.....Thank You for All the Input you give us!!!!

Marty

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so, a week to ten days for "begin shipment" so, what comments, CamaroScotty do you have for "how long to....say....the Indiana Region for "delivery" to dealer from shipment???? I realize this may be a little far-fetched of a question but you seem to have many, many answers and info. I've refrained from calling your business probably a hundred times already haha.....Thank You for All the Input you give us!!!!

Marty
no guesses...

I should have my own line for all the calls I get in a day....:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
2010 Camaro under the Early Ordering Activity. Customers who submit their order under this activity
receive a Camaro Welcome Kit

I wonder what stuff we will get in the welcome kit:rolleyes:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did we ever hear what Rick Hendrick ordered for this first Camaro?

With the slow economy, I'd bet a 1LT...? ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
receive a Camaro Welcome Kit

I wonder what stuff we will get in the welcome kit:rolleyes:
So no one knows what this welcome kit is? I searched and found nothing :confused:

It won't make a difference for me, I wouldn't be able to pre-order if I wanted to :lol:

just curious, thanx

·
Registered
395 Posts
I hope being at the 1100 code for a month now entitles me to a welcome kit :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
i found this on the net :
First 2010 Camaro owners to receive welcome kits
Purchasing a Gen 5 Camaro as of right now might feel more like a waiting game before it finally gets to you. On the plus side, anyone who is willing to place an early order to await the arrival of their new muscle car, Chevrolet is giving out “welcome kits” to those special people who made the journey and already put that money down for the building of their soon to be vehicles.
On the downside of that, they are going to have to wait to receive those too. Chevrolet has already sold 11,000 Camaros, and they are promising to get the welcome kits out to these new owners. Chevrolet said that they should get out to people within 60 days of order confirmation and some enthusiasts started to get theirs around Christmas time, and many of these orders are being filled or have been filled as we speak.
The welcome kits aren’t overly intricate being just a couple parcels. The first piece is a thank you letter from Chevrolet’s North American VP Ed Pepper. The second piece is really what is of interest. It’s your very own limited edition drawing of the 2010 Gen 5 Camaro by Sang Yup Lee. There hasn’t been any mention of a limit of these kits yet, but one criteria is that you must pre-order! So if you’re planning on picking up a new Camaro, now would be better than later.

For those of you who are on this list, I thought the Camaro Countdown would be a good thing to post up for all who haven’t seen it yet. You can follow the forums and keep up to date here.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you should have got a kit about 60 days after your order...if not, contact your dealer, they can request a new one through the CAMARO LAUNCH page.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do we really know how many cars are considered part of this early order entry thing?

Kind of a neat marketing tactic but its really hot air. With an assumed window of 60 days to be acknowledged I would think many of us will have the cars first! Which to me would be more fun then a package in the mail!:D

It would be nice to see some kind of documentation prior to make you feel like its a real thing.

I have two Corvettes that I bought new with the musuem delivery option. That was handled very cool as I received a letter that stated my build week and when I could schedule to pick the car up. I also got a plaque with the vin # and they had door decals that indicated the option. This of course was all done through the museum and not so much through GM so maybe they had better control.

With todays times and the overal excitement for this car, it would have been neat to see GM take this early order option to a higher level!

Either way I'll be checking the mail tomorrow for hope! LOL!

Keep us posted tomorrow if the line starts rolling as planned!

Howard

·
Registered
146 Posts
too bad for $350,000 that he wont be getting the first vin # 2010 camaro,, all the CTF vehicles are vin numbered as 2010 vehicles so he will be getting the 300th or so 2010 camaro, sure it will have vin# 100001 but i think if you can find the ctf vehicles, later after they go to the gm auctions like fbodfather said they will you could have something worth more money

here are a couple vins posted from ctf vehicles, 10th digit is the year

2G1FF1EV7A9000273

2G1FK1EJ7A9000248

·
Registered
179 Posts
update on CFT

my car was there at the production day Its actually in background as Rick Hendrick gets his car lol I'm told closer to 750 cars were built before Ricks!! good story for my grand kids

1 - 20 of 21 Posts