Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Following on the heels of an official image released by General Motors of the Chevrolet Volt, a camera crew has revealed a sneak peak at the production version. A Detroit-area news crew was allowed access to the Volt's design studio and managed to get a shot of a portion of the Volt's front fascia.

GM had hoped to keep the Volt's exterior true to the concept, but wind tunnel tests proved the design was anything but aerodynamic — an essential characteristic for a vehicle that focus on efficiency.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/production-chevrolet-volt-wont-look-like-concept.html

·
Registered
601 Posts
I hope it will still look somewhat like the Camaro's baby brother. Still looks aside, if they can pull this car off with the 40 miles with no gas, and price it good I will get one for a DD. I am hopeing this car is a grand slam for sales!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
That looks pretty wicked. Can't wait to see the Camaro front.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks like it might have the Ford "grill by Schick" disposable razor look.:eek::BangHead::confused:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...if they can pull this car off with the 40 miles with no gas, and price it good I will get one for a DD.
I'm with ya there, it would definitely be on my short list for a 2nd car!
The article says GM could sell 60,000 of them per year, which I honestly think is low.
Shoot, look at the retarded Prius, the Volt should sell way better than that.

It's too bad they can't keep the exact looks of the Volt concept, cuz it looks great. But I understand the need for maximum aerodynamics on a car like this, and like the article says, the concept was a brick in the wind tunnel.
I think if they just smooth it out while retaining the same basic shape, and retaining the details, it should still come out looking pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts