Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The University of Tennessee Mechanical Engineering Dept as well as fifteen other Universities are in a competition to see who can build the best hybrid Camaro. The competition is sponsored by GM and the Dept. of Energy.

Check out University of Tennessee's killer combination at www.AmericanCarsAmericanGirls.com

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly all electric or an electric hybrid.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Ick

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Looks like it has a very long extension cord!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check the wight of the battery after the weekend. It took me a while to see the beauty of normally wasted energy of a car when slowing down is able to be captured by the energy recovery system and stored in the battery. This design of this University of Tennessee's Camaro is there is no plug-in. You will have continue to go to the gas station.

The article on the prototype electric hybrid Camaro is still in the www.AmericanCarsAmericanGirls.com slide show rotation but here is the link: The TENNESSEE VOLS ENGINEERS Are Building A Prototype Hybrid Camaroby, American Cars American Girls

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Thanks for posting. Very interesting article. Seems a worthwhile endeavor.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I would miss the growl of a V8, but if it means not having to buy $4.00 + gallon gasoline. I would consider it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts