Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the camaro, I apologize for being off topic, I do not do this often......

I am consistently hearing about some service men and women who are bitter to their superiors and the "brass" in the service. Many who think they speak for all of us..I agree, Iraq sucks, sucked and will continue to suck because we arent in our own beds. 9 out of 10 of us, however, will agree it is getting much better, safier and prosperous.....I don't know about you (servicemen or not), but this makes me proud to serve you, this country, and **** proud to live in the greatest country in the world...

-------------------------------------------------
Largest Re-enlistment Ceremony in U.S. History.

I'm sure you already know about this. It was shown over and over on TV, right?
OK, so maybe it wasn't shown over and over, but surely it was shown on TV at least one time, wasn't it ?

<br>

<br>

<br>
----------------------------------
This was the largest re-enlistment ceremony ever held in military history. The ceremony was held on the 4th of July, 2008 at Al Faw Palace, Baghdad , Iraq . General David Petraeus officiated. This amazing story was ignored by the 'mainstream' media.
For those who have been in the Al Faw Palace, you'll have a better appreciation of the number of people crammed around the rotunda supporting the re-enlisting soldiers.

American men and women volunteering to stay longer in Iraq, so that when we leave, the new democracy will have a chance of surviving, is the exact opposite of what the media wants you to think about Iraq. If only a bomb had killed 5 civilians in a marketplace - now that's the kind of news the media is eager to tell you about.

A pizzeria in Chicago donated 2000 pizzas that were made and shipped to Baghdad , and were delivered on the 4th.

The media did report that 2000 pizzas were sent to Iraq on July 4th... The only part they left out of the report was the event for which the pizzas were sent.

I can't help but wonder...

What would the opinion of Americans be if they weren't getting such obviously biased 'news?'

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thankyou, Brantley, for reminding us all of the real truth. I couldn't agree with you more!:patriot:

·
Registered
31 Posts
As a service member, thanks to everyone for your support. I can't tell you how good it feels when someone comes up and thanks me for serving. I serve for my country, not for any recognition.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't help but wonder...

What would the opinion of Americans be if they weren't getting such obviously biased 'news?'
I took a mass communications class last year that really opened my eyes to the war and government in the news. Think about it, the average joe back here going about normal business in the states tunes into the 5 o'clock news while sitting back to a TV Dinner.

But think about it ...

we only know what they tell us. what they dont tell us, we have no clue. if the govt doesnt want something reported, all they have to do is say no. its jsut something crazy to think about how much the media influences our lives.

p.s. major props to serving. i have many friends in the military and my grandfather was very high up in the air force as well. I appreciate every breathe an american soldier takes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hurah. :D

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL There are reasons the largest re-enlistment ceremony ever would be in Iraq and it has nothing to do with politics.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I never knew about this until now. That is what pisses me off about the media. Why can't we see normal history making stories or even just things going on in general? Why does everything have to be doom and gloom?

·
Registered
199 Posts
the media really tick's me off too!!

You never hear about what happened to the USS Liberty? Do you know? google it please - learn the truth!

It was an unarmed AMERICAN ship!

you begin to wonder who your real friends are.. :BangHead::patriot:

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you guys want to know the truth on what is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan, you NEED to check out Michael Yon. His book was really good.
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I took a mass communications class last year that really opened my eyes to the war and government in the news. Think about it, the average joe back here going about normal business in the states tunes into the 5 o'clock news while sitting back to a TV Dinner.

But think about it ...

we only know what they tell us. what they dont tell us, we have no clue. if the govt doesnt want something reported, all they have to do is say no. its jsut something crazy to think about how much the media influences our lives.

p.s. major props to serving. i have many friends in the military and my grandfather was very high up in the air force as well. I appreciate every breathe an american soldier takes.

Well its more like if the bias mass media doesn't want us to know.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I get all my news from "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report", because what is happening in the world is laughable, and MSM is all biased. If you have to have a slogan like "Fair and Balanced", then guess what, it's because you aren't.

I support our troops, and always will. But our gov't has failed all of us completely. The machine was good at sustaining itself, and has lost sight of what the founders created.

God Bless America, because it needs it bad....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's called "viral marketing." I don't think that it's coincidence McCain mentioned it during the debate and now it's on every forum I frequent.
I can't believe McCain would do something so blatant and insulting. He probably thinks he can CHANGE the world the instant he is elected too.... save the economy, homeland security, lower taxes!, more jobs for teachers and unemployed, drop gas prices, bring the troops home...no wait move them to afgan, and save the kittens...don't know how hes going to do it, but by God hes going to make CHANGE.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I can't believe McCain would do something so blatant and insulting. He probably thinks he can CHANGE the world the instant he is elected too.... save the economy, homeland security, lower taxes!, more jobs for teachers and unemployed, drop gas prices, bring the troops home...no wait move them to afgan, and save the kittens...don't know how hes going to do it, but by God hes going to make CHANGE.
You gotta remember, McCain pays people to run his campaign.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts